Washing and drying dishes by hand... and hanging up the washing (laundry) on the clothesline!
I did both growing up when helping my mom, and I did the same as a homemaker/housewife!
I put all my kids through cloth diapers and rubber pants (a throwback to my babysitting days and changing baby siblings)... and yuppers... the ones that needed folding from scratch and fastened with big oversized diaper pins! Used diaper liners, too, for the first few weeks after each baby was born!
Diapers and rubber pants were home-laundered in the washing machine and hung to dry on the clothesline! 100% cotton baby washcloths went hand-in-hand with the cloth diapers, I used both glass and plastic baby bottles, vinyl baby bibs, rubber crib sheets, I spanked when needed, I made homemade baby food and formula from scratch, meals and baking were prepared from scratch, mending and alterations were done on the sewing machine, Halloween costumes were homemade, I canned, and I kept a garden going from spring until fall!
I was the old-fashioned stereotypical, fulltime stay-at-home housewife, mom and homemaker, and I'd do it again today if I was raising a family!
