How's the Weather Where You Are?

Hurricane Isaias has reached Cat 3 status and due to hit a wide expanse of the Gulf Coast, 10-11 PM EST.

While it will downgrade as it continues to travel NNE, it is going reach clear into KY, VA possibly OH.

I already know to expect 30 to 45 mph wind gust, but where I live in middle Tennessee could possibly see 60 mph wind gust.

We are predicted to have severe flooding rain from different rain bands as they come through. I will welcome the rain because I am not flood prone, we are in the worst level of drought possible and really need the rain. The downside to the rain is if we get too much at once, we have a tree lined road with old trees, whose roots are very thirsty and may indeed collapse across the road.

I am already prepared with enough human & critter food for three weeks.

Prayers to all those who are in a direct line of fire of this cat three hurricane. I hope you have prepared to the best of your abilities.
 
We are supposed to start getting the wind and rain around 1 AM, according to the latest weather report that I have been watching. We are out of the way of flooding, too, but like you, @Connie Bennett , we have lots of old trees around here so there will probably be trees down and branches down all over our area.
I would not be surprised if we lose power, and the low areas always have flooding with heavy rains, and I imagine the stores are sold out of bread and milk.
The only person that I know of who is close is Ed Delabama (formerly Ed Marsh), and he sad he was ready for the hurricane. Jake Smith is somewhere in the upper part of Florida, and they are getting heavy rains already.
 
Back
Top