What Are You Doing Today?

This morning wife and I went to pick up my new glasses so far they are much clearer than my old ones. Also went to Walmart to return an item that was delivered and was the wrong item.
Stop at a bakery and picked up some goodies for tonight.
On the way back from running these errands my car broke down all kinds of warning lights including overheating, battery, and throttle. My wife who was with me was in panic mode because I decided not to pull over and try to make it home we were about 5 mi from home. Made it home without stalling or incident.

I'm letting the car cool down see if I can figure out what's wrong with it if not it'll have to go to the Mechanic. I'm hoping it's running okay for next Tuesday because I have an msk doctor's appointment, I'd rather not cancel it.
 
Been on phone mostly with my step daughter who is with niece who had back surgery a month ago today. % days later she was septic, She still inTx at her moms, as she has 3 ivs a day and antibiotic daily ..which is for rest of her life. Had no idea about post septic syndrome and all that is involved. Such a mess. She cant seem to eat and tires out very very quick. Sigh,
My daughter who had a surgery about same time, pulled thru well, and it was NOT stage 4 female cancer as thought before.
My friend from the Forum here finally made it home, but she's not at her best and never will be.
Rainy looking , we can still use even more rain. Doodling around doing little odd things that I can do.
All problems seem so small.. I am doing great compared to most.:giggle:
 
It is sunny and nice outside today, but supposed to have some rain over the next few days, and we really need some, so I hope it happens.
I think I will work on getting the aerogardens ready and start some herbs for using this winter. We always have soups and foods that fresh herbs are perfect for, and most of them can be used before they outgrow the aerogarden.
If it rains , and yard work is out, then I will look at the aerogardens this weekend.
 
View attachment 5837

Back in my working days, I always knew when it was Thursday. :ROFLMAO:

After an hour of the surgeon painting a rather unpleasant picture of what I will endure after surgery, I still elected to have it rather than try to control cancer with radiation and possibility chemo. The risk of having radiation are actually greater than surgery, due to location of cancer. Anyway after getting other specialist (lung and heart) clearance (due to being a 4 hour surgery), the date is now being worked on. Lots of factors requiring some scheduling problems due to limited time specialty surgeon is here. Lesser skilled surgeons are available, but I am holding out for the guy that is number 1 with a perfect record of success.

So today, to get to the topic of this thread, I am going to get a haircut. I was trying to grow it longer, but one side half curls and lengths didn't grow out as I had hoped. It is a tragedy, but fixable in 30 minutes or less. I will walk and do the 5 miles round trip, in style, wearing my new Rachel Comey pants. I never thought that old lady pants, designed to be worn by young divas, would make me a babe, figure wise that is, but just an illusion, fake news!

When I pulled up my top so the young nurse could apply those sticky electro sensor pads below my titties, she saw how the wide, 3", heavy elastic waist band, made my waist look very small and my hips, full, youthful, but grown a s s womanish. The fat roll, above the band, caught her eye and I could see I would go in her data base as a tricky old broad, guilty of false advertising, especially after the upcoming surgery, will seal the lid on the coffin, so to speak.

The nurse commented that she saw the old guy in the waiting room, checking me out. I said he would be disappointed. She said maybe all he wants is friendship. All I could say was, "You silly girl." :sneaky:
So glad you got the 'top guy'. That is the only way to go.
It rained here all night which put a stop to most of what we were going to do today. Seal the driveway, fix and caulk the chimneys...But I have a package of crocus bulbs I can fin a space for who will like the soggy ground to start.
 
This morning wife and I went to pick up my new glasses so far they are much clearer than my old ones. Also went to Walmart to return an item that was delivered and was the wrong item.
Stop at a bakery and picked up some goodies for tonight.
On the way back from running these errands my car broke down all kinds of warning lights including overheating, battery, and throttle. My wife who was with me was in panic mode because I decided not to pull over and try to make it home we were about 5 mi from home. Made it home without stalling or incident.

I'm letting the car cool down see if I can figure out what's wrong with it if not it'll have to go to the Mechanic. I'm hoping it's running okay for next Tuesday because I have an msk doctor's appointment, I'd rather not cancel it.

Tony--with newer vehicles, a weak battery can cause all kinds of "idiot lights." So maybe it's just a simple battery problem. Hope it's nothing too expensive!!
 
Tony--with newer vehicles, a weak battery can cause all kinds of "idiot lights." So maybe it's just a simple battery problem. Hope it's nothing too expensive!!
Thanks,
The first warning light I got was that the engine was running hot then that shut down and all these other warning lights came on.

Now that the car is cooled down I started it and no warning lights are coming on. I checked the antifreeze Reservoir and it's very low if any at all so I'm thinking the car overheated and caused all these warning lights to trigger

I'm waiting for my daughter to get home from work to take me to get some antifreeze. After adding antifreeze if the car doesn't overheat after a short run, but the antifreeze goes down some then it's just a coolant system leak.

I ain't had this much fun since yesterday. 😄
 
Good afternoon to all-

Busy day. took wife to Dr/drs today. She got new meds. Then went to her optometrist- to pay bill. Apparently they will not accept pay by check or even CASH...
Then went to Publix for groceries. We thought about running up to the Creek reservation for beef, but decided to wait.
got home and helped Son #2 install the truck bed cover on his new truck. Pretty easy.

Will go out in a few minutes to feed chickens and pick up eggs, and then supper. son # 2 got a big pot of duck soup from a new oriental restaurant down toward the beach- ought to be good- I can eat some duck soup. then watch the ball game on TV tonight.

That's it for today.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
 
Thanks for the update, Faye. I hope they can get the surgery scheduled soon since you probably want to get this over with. I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor, girl. It's great that you aren't facing chemo and radiation.

I need a haircut, too. My recent "shaggy" look is not growing out well.
Thanks. My sense of humor comes and goes. While chemo is probably not indicated, radiation might be depending on biopsy of removed tissue and lymph nodes. Also 6 months test for life to check for any reoccurrence. Any reoccurrence could be radiated and nipped in the bud. The next 6 months and possibly up to a year, will be an adventure in old age discomfort tolerance and inconvenience.

It is easy to joke about other oldies having to use catheters, but it isn't so funny when I get a 6 week sentence on the bag. Wiped the smile right off my face. :sneaky:

Good luck on the haircut. Mine came out nice, but she had to go shorter to get rid of the trouble spots.
 
Thanks. My sense of humor comes and goes. While chemo is probably not indicated, radiation might be depending on biopsy of removed tissue and lymph nodes. Also 6 months test for life to check for any reoccurrence. Any reoccurrence could be radiated and nipped in the bud. The next 6 months and possibly up to a year, will be an adventure in old age discomfort tolerance and inconvenience.

It is easy to joke about other oldies having to use catheters, but it isn't so funny when I get a 6 week sentence on the bag. Wiped the smile right off my face. :sneaky:

Good luck on the haircut. Mine came out nice, but she had to go shorter to get rid of the trouble spots.

Unfortunately with cancer, they are never sure about additional treatment until after the surgery and surgical pathology. Here's hoping that they get "clean margins" and you will be free to move about the cabin!! Followups are standard, too. I had to see my oncologist every 3 months for a year, then every 6 months for 2 years, and finally once a year from now on unless I develop symptoms.

I'm glad you like your haircut. Seems like they almost always go a little shorter than I want, but it grows back.
 
Back
Top