What Are You Doing Today?

Oak limbs are like gold here for firewood for fireplaces, not burn piles. We do a lot of burn piles though. Small trees pop up all around the property.
I am still working on the sheep run-in and stalls.
Good morning to all-

Mary- How well I understand. I see massive old oak trees which are storm victims here which just are left to rot away. Back in the Ozarks, such treasure would not last a week before the chainsaws would be running and the sawchips flying. Here on the Gulf Coast firewood for heating is unknown. Here, fireplaces are thought to be "romantic."

I envy you your sheep- up north we raised sheep and my daughter is a hard-core spinner and weaver- we could use some more sheep for the wool.

I don't have much going on today- i think I may load up the truck and early-early tomorrow go down to the beach with my fly rod to see if I can pester some fish.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
 
Good morning to all-

Mary- How well I understand. I see massive old oak trees which are storm victims here which just are left to rot away. Back in the Ozarks, such treasure would not last a week before the chainsaws would be running and the sawchips flying. Here on the Gulf Coast firewood for heating is unknown. Here, fireplaces are thought to be "romantic."

I envy you your sheep- up north we raised sheep and my daughter is a hard-core spinner and weaver- we could use some more sheep for the wool.

I don't have much going on today- i think I may load up the truck and early-early tomorrow go down to the beach with my fly rod to see if I can pester some fish.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
I have plans to try a plant based fiber in the future as an experiment. Was going to use nettle but it all went to seed. The weather was so weird. We don't grow flax here.
 
Last edited:
Early today I had an appointment with my oncologist. My blood test came back very good everything was in tolerance. I asked how long I had left taking the hormone 💊 pill. I was told I would be stopping it at the end of next April, I had to be on it for 2 years. Apparently some people can get away with only one year but my condition was a little more serious. I'm looking forward to being off of them, I feel that the fatigue and the tire feeling I get will decrease or be completely gone.

I'm heading for an afternoon nap I'm completely wiped. After that it will be TV watching.
 
Hi, that is some fish you are holding. Did you catch it in the sea or in fresh water? What kind is it?
Good evening-

That is a snook I caught from the Sebun River in Belize. Such a cool place- howler monkeys in the riverside trees, crocodiles and caymans in the river, big fish in the river and toucans flying overhead. The river is part salt/part fresh at the point I caught that fish.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
 
Picked up my lady friend at her assisted living place, took her to Targets to get some of her favorite cookies, then to see her PCP. They are changing a couple of her meds. Then a stop at Cracker Barrel (her favorite place) for a very late lunch. And finally back to the facility. I came home and fixed myself a nice White Russian and took a nap. Is today still Wednesday?
 
Picked up my lady friend at her assisted living place, took her to Targets to get some of her favorite cookies, then to see her PCP. They are changing a couple of her meds. Then a stop at Cracker Barrel (her favorite place) for a very late lunch. And finally back to the facility. I came home and fixed myself a nice White Russian and took a nap. Is today still Wednesday?
You are a very good friend.
 
828333347_122128368735398620_7005621989565007144_n.jpg

Back in my working days, I always knew when it was Thursday. :ROFLMAO:

After an hour of the surgeon painting a rather unpleasant picture of what I will endure after surgery, I still elected to have it rather than try to control cancer with radiation and possibility chemo. The risk of having radiation are actually greater than surgery, due to location of cancer. Anyway after getting other specialist (lung and heart) clearance (due to being a 4 hour surgery), the date is now being worked on. Lots of factors requiring some scheduling problems due to limited time specialty surgeon is here. Lesser skilled surgeons are available, but I am holding out for the guy that is number 1 with a perfect record of success.

So today, to get to the topic of this thread, I am going to get a haircut. I was trying to grow it longer, but one side half curls and lengths didn't grow out as I had hoped. It is a tragedy, but fixable in 30 minutes or less. I will walk and do the 5 miles round trip, in style, wearing my new Rachel Comey pants. I never thought that old lady pants, designed to be worn by young divas, would make me a babe, figure wise that is, but just an illusion, fake news!

When I pulled up my top so the young nurse could apply those sticky electro sensor pads below my titties, she saw how the wide, 3", heavy elastic waist band, made my waist look very small and my hips, full, youthful, but grown a s s womanish. The fat roll, above the band, caught her eye and I could see I would go in her data base as a tricky old broad, guilty of false advertising, especially after the upcoming surgery, will seal the lid on the coffin, so to speak.

The nurse commented that she saw the old guy in the waiting room, checking me out. I said he would be disappointed. She said maybe all he wants is friendship. All I could say was, "You silly girl." :sneaky:
 
View attachment 5837

Back in my working days, I always knew when it was Thursday. :ROFLMAO:

After an hour of the surgeon painting a rather unpleasant picture of what I will endure after surgery, I still elected to have it rather than try to control cancer with radiation and possibility chemo. The risk of having radiation are actually greater than surgery, due to location of cancer. Anyway after getting other specialist (lung and heart) clearance (due to being a 4 hour surgery), the date is now being worked on. Lots of factors requiring some scheduling problems due to limited time specialty surgeon is here. Lesser skilled surgeons are available, but I am holding out for the guy that is number 1 with a perfect record of success.

So today, to get to the topic of this thread, I am going to get a haircut. I was trying to grow it longer, but one side half curls and lengths didn't grow out as I had hoped. It is a tragedy, but fixable in 30 minutes or less. I will walk and do the 5 miles round trip, in style, wearing my new Rachel Comey pants. I never thought that old lady pants, designed to be worn by young divas, would make me a babe, figure wise that is, but just an illusion, fake news!

When I pulled up my top so the young nurse could apply those sticky electro sensor pads below my titties, she saw how the wide, 3", heavy elastic waist band, made my waist look very small and my hips, full, youthful, but grown a s s womanish. The fat roll, above the band, caught her eye and I could see I would go in her data base as a tricky old broad, guilty of false advertising, especially after the upcoming surgery, will seal the lid on the coffin, so to speak.

The nurse commented that she saw the old guy in the waiting room, checking me out. I said he would be disappointed. She said maybe all he wants is friendship. All I could say was, "You silly girl." :sneaky:

Thanks for the update, Faye. I hope they can get the surgery scheduled soon since you probably want to get this over with. I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor, girl. It's great that you aren't facing chemo and radiation.

I need a haircut, too. My recent "shaggy" look is not growing out well.
 
Back
Top