What Are You Doing Today?

I vacuumed and dust mopped the floor today without much enthusiasm. As much as I like the cooler weather we have been having, I don’t much like the cloudy windy days we have been having with it. I need some sunshine. I don’t think the sun has shined all week and it has gave me a case of the blahs. The sun is supposed to make an appearance tomorrow.☀️🤞
Look in the mirror and smile - instant sunshine.
 
I went to Neenah and bought my hubby an old Lexus 350rx. It was an amazing automobile for the price and just what I wanted for him. He is having trouble getting into his old Volvo because of his arthritis and hits his head every time he bends to get in. This Lexus has plenty of headroom and some bells and whistles. The guy will even deliver it. Hubby is good driving around the town he knows but he hasn't driven on a highway in years.
I guess that means the Volvo is mine for the winter!!! Heated seats and all!
On the way home we grabbed lunch--a really late breakfast for hubby.
 
I went to Neenah and bought my hubby an old Lexus 350rx. It was an amazing automobile for the price and just what I wanted for him. He is having trouble getting into his old Volvo because of his arthritis and hits his head every time he bends to get in. This Lexus has plenty of headroom and some bells and whistles. The guy will even deliver it. Hubby is good driving around the town he knows but he hasn't driven on a highway in years.
I guess that means the Volvo is mine for the winter!!! Heated seats and all!
On the way home we grabbed lunch--a really late breakfast for hubby.
You are treating him very well.
 
SO is on a play date. The usual rally through house and garden. Then a long phone call with a friend. She and husband have not lived together for ten years as she was the sole caregiver for her mother and then her sister. They talk every day and enjoy meals or going out together. His daughter entered his life and he is putting my friend under pressure to quit claim her share of their house as the daughter will need the money in retirement.
 
Today is lawn mowing day, however whether it will happen or not, is still in negotiation. All three involved, me, myself, and I are taking a coffee break before any decision is reached. Early discussion was turning ugly, so after another cup of old Joe with a mocha twist, a decision will be reached.

In the mean time I will listen to blues brother, Donnie J, sing the Fake News Blues again.
 
I've been trimming and repotting stuff on the patio. I have so little stamina these days that I get frustrated with it. Some of those pots are really heavy but I used to be able to carry them all over the yard with no problem. It just annoys me to no end to get worn out doing practically nothing.

We are finally getting a slight break in the heat, so if I stay in the shade it is almost tolerable out there. I need to trim the hedges in the front but I'm going to need another 10 degree drop before I schedule that job.

The Better Half is all booked up with 3 or 4 college football games that he will switch between all afternoon. This is his favorite time of the year.
 
There'll be no working outside today the wind is still hollering from the Nor'easter that's moving through. Even with some precautions we took to prevent things from blowing around, things are scattered around.
Leaves are all over the place, and some small branches have fallen to the ground. I'm glad my Crepe Myrtle is flexible because with some of the wind gust it went almost horizontal. Fortunately we have power so far, but I read that half the town is out of power.

We all felt like having soup the way the weather looks outside it just felt like a soup day. I made my mom Lipton soup concoction, my grandkids loved it the whole pot went.

The rest of today looks like a TV day.
 
There'll be no working outside today the wind is still hollering from the Nor'easter that's moving through. Even with some precautions we took to prevent things from blowing around, things are scattered around.
Leaves are all over the place, and some small branches have fallen to the ground. I'm glad my Crepe Myrtle is flexible because with some of the wind gust it went almost horizontal. Fortunately we have power so far, but I read that half the town is out of power.

We all felt like having soup the way the weather looks outside it just felt like a soup day. I made my mom Lipton soup concoction, my grandkids loved it the whole pot went.

The rest of today looks like a TV day.

I was wondering how you were faring with that weather, Tony. Batten down the hatches!! And tell me more about this soup concoction; you know how nosy I am.
 
SO is on a play date. The usual rally through house and garden. Then a long phone call with a friend. She and husband have not lived together for ten years as she was the sole caregiver for her mother and then her sister. They talk every day and enjoy meals or going out together. His daughter entered his life and he is putting my friend under pressure to quit claim her share of their house as the daughter will need the money in retirement.
She stood her ground. I am so proud of her!
 
There'll be no working outside today the wind is still hollering from the Nor'easter that's moving through. Even with some precautions we took to prevent things from blowing around, things are scattered around.
Leaves are all over the place, and some small branches have fallen to the ground. I'm glad my Crepe Myrtle is flexible because with some of the wind gust it went almost horizontal. Fortunately we have power so far, but I read that half the town is out of power.

We all felt like having soup the way the weather looks outside it just felt like a soup day. I made my mom Lipton soup concoction, my grandkids loved it the whole pot went.

The rest of today looks like a TV day.
We are across the sound from you. Lots and lots of leaves and branches coming down. Really strong wind overnight last night. Not much rain though.
 
We are across the sound from you. Lots and lots of leaves and branches coming down. Really strong wind overnight last night. Not much rain though.
My daughter just notified me she took a walk to the back of the yard and there are some big branches down from my Neighbors tree. Yes we have tons of leaves down also. Soon as it clears up I'll have to go out and see if the downed branches can be moved or they need to be cut up first.
 
Good morning to all-

Well. let's see...

Early-early got up to take Son#2 to the Pensacola airport to fly to Phoenix to visit Son#1 and family. Got back home and sent off text and photos for another article for one of my few remaining outdoor magazines. Then took mini-chain saw out and cut down some live oak limbs overhanging the road- better me than the county doing the trimming- just sayin'. Used the lawn tractor to pull the downed limbs back to the burn pile- when I burn up this present pile of limbs, you all should be able to see the glow from the fire no matter where you are located.

Now I'm resting myself and tending to cats and their needs.

Nap time is sounding better by the minute.

you all be safe and keep well-
Ed
 
Good morning to all-

Well. let's see...

Early-early got up to take Son#2 to the Pensacola airport to fly to Phoenix to visit Son#1 and family. Got back home and sent off text and photos for another article for one of my few remaining outdoor magazines. Then took mini-chain saw out and cut down some live oak limbs overhanging the road- better me than the county doing the trimming- just sayin'. Used the lawn tractor to pull the downed limbs back to the burn pile- when I burn up this present pile of limbs, you all should be able to see the glow from the fire no matter where you are located.

Now I'm resting myself and tending to cats and their needs.

Nap time is sounding better by the minute.

you all be safe and keep well-
Ed
How about a avatar pic..you have been here a while now.? A kitty pic will do:)
 
Yesterday’s trash can full of weeds said hello to me this morning:) SO took all the sun sails down, one at a time in the washer and now dry in cotton bags in the attic.
Got a big bag of assorted peppers to a neighbor who is the cook in his family of five. He will head out on Friday for his first day of 2026 deer season with his brother. I will have enough cinni buns packaged in aluminum foil for them. Set them in the sun to warm up.
Water bill went up almost 50% but with centralized meter reading there is no way to check if there is a leak.
 
Good morning to all-

Well. let's see...

Early-early got up to take Son#2 to the Pensacola airport to fly to Phoenix to visit Son#1 and family. Got back home and sent off text and photos for another article for one of my few remaining outdoor magazines. Then took mini-chain saw out and cut down some live oak limbs overhanging the road- better me than the county doing the trimming- just sayin'. Used the lawn tractor to pull the downed limbs back to the burn pile- when I burn up this present pile of limbs, you all should be able to see the glow from the fire no matter where you are located.

Now I'm resting myself and tending to cats and their needs.

Nap time is sounding better by the minute.

you all be safe and keep well-
Ed
Oak limbs are like gold here for firewood for fireplaces, not burn piles. We do a lot of burn piles though. Small trees pop up all around the property.
I am still working on the sheep run-in and stalls.
 
Back
Top