"Tony" Thought Journal 3.0

The guy isn't leaving tracks in the snow. :sneaky:

disclaimer: I didn't look at y'all's spoilers either. I lived in snow country way to long to miss that one. Only 7% get it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. That is because only 7% even look at it.
 
I was reading a post earlier in the thread about killing or wasting time. Well that's how my day went today. Because my car is not working and needs a repair I had to schedule a phone visit with a nurse practitioner at MSK. Originally they scheduled me for an 11:00 phone call, so I sat with my cell phone in my hand for around for 45 minutes never got a call. They text me a schedule change to 1:30 which I didn't get to see until after my original appointment. This time we did connect after I sat there about an hour.

We talked for about half hour she had a lot of pertinent questions. I have to admit that my answere to some of her questions were little white lies I didn't answer them accurately. I didn't want some minor issues I have to be blown up where I have to be subjected to different tests. I genuinely feel that these issues are from the hormone pill that I'm taking. I have six or seven months left to take the hormone pill and I will see how things pan out after that, if I'm still here.

later in the afternoon I had an grocery order delivered from Walmart. the wife and I spent about an hour putting the groceries away. Now I'm just resting preparing to help my wife with dinner.
 
I was reading a post earlier in the thread about killing or wasting time. Well that's how my day went today. Because my car is not working and needs a repair I had to schedule a phone visit with a nurse practitioner at MSK. Originally they scheduled me for an 11:00 phone call, so I sat with my cell phone in my hand for around for 45 minutes never got a call. They text me a schedule change to 1:30 which I didn't get to see until after my original appointment. This time we did connect after I sat there about an hour.

We talked for about half hour she had a lot of pertinent questions. I have to admit that my answere to some of her questions were little white lies I didn't answer them accurately. I didn't want some minor issues I have to be blown up where I have to be subjected to different tests. I genuinely feel that these issues are from the hormone pill that I'm taking. I have six or seven months left to take the hormone pill and I will see how things pan out after that, if I'm still here.

later in the afternoon I had an grocery order delivered from Walmart. the wife and I spent about an hour putting the groceries away. Now I'm just resting preparing to help my wife with dinner.
Why waste her time and impair her medical decisions with white lies?
 
Why waste her time and impair her medical decisions with white lies?
She only has to concern herself with medical issues pertaining to the cancer I had, she works for MSK Oncology Department. I have a lot of medical issues that in my judgment have nothing to do with the cancer. Some I've had way before I got the diagnosis of cancer. The only information that they are interested in is how my blood test turned out and right now it's very good no indication my cancer returned. Why waste her time with every non-cancer issues or ache and pain I get.
 
Well, Tony, I support your "white lies" to your doc if she is an overachiever. The thing is with all the liability, some doctors over do testing just to cover their butts.

I agree. I don't mention small things to my doctor because I don't want a handful of new prescriptions, lab work, and referrals to specialists. If something bothers me enough or gets scary I will see to it then.
 
I agree. I don't mention small things to my doctor because I don't want a handful of new prescriptions, lab work, and referrals to specialists. If something bothers me enough or gets scary I will see to it then.
This all brings to mind that when I first got married we had a doctor that was recommended to us I don't ever remember once going for an MRI or CAT scan or even an x-ray he was just a good diagnostic person.
He could tell what was wrong with you by looking at you, checking your throat, checking your ears, listening to your heart and complaints, and I don't believe he was ever off the mark about what was wrong with any of us.

After he retired I remember bumping into him in a restaurant and I told him I think he was the best doctor ever as far as Diagnostics go. He told me and my wife, his son that lived in Florida was having a medical problem was in the hospital and he told him what was going on and he told his son what he thought his problem was over the phone, He was right.
 
My old PCP would say the patient is the best doctor and if they give their doctor pertinent info like recent symptoms only, it helps them to diagnose. She advocated that if you had chronic headaches all your life, then don't mention that, just current symptoms of concern.

One of my old specialist used to say as we get older and have to see multiple specialist, then treatment for one issue may contradict another. He said too many meds was like having a soup with too many ingredients, the soup would be ruined. We have to pick our battles. A good example is old folks that take a handful of meds. Start eliminating the meds that address lesser issues.
 
My old PCP would say the patient is the best doctor and if they give their doctor pertinent info like recent symptoms only, it helps them to diagnose. She advocated that if you had chronic headaches all your life, then don't mention that, just current symptoms of concern.

One of my old specialist used to say as we get older and have to see multiple specialist, then treatment for one issue may contradict another. He said too many meds was like having a soup with too many ingredients, the soup would be ruined. We have to pick our battles. A good example is old folks that take a handful of meds. Start eliminating the meds that address lesser issues.

Last year we thought my husband's sister was sinking into dementia. She was always repeating herself and one day she got "lost" in a Kroger store. She had checked out her groceries and then got back into the line to check out again. She was obviously confused so store employees helped her to the cafe and gave her something to drink while they called my brother-in-law.

My BIL told us how many pills she was taking each day, from her PCP, lung specialist, gastric specialist, and cardiologist. We were shocked. So my husband sat down with all her prescriptions and made a spreadsheet, then contacted her PCP. They ended up deleting more than half of her meds and she rapidly improved both physically and mentally.

All of her doctors are in the same hospital network and have access to her online medical records. How does such a thing happen?? Also, how many older people are over medicated and get confused, but are written off as having dementia??
 
Back
Top