That's What She Said

I got some happy news today! Our oldest grandson (25) and his sweet Lily eloped and got married at the courthouse in Austin a couple of hours ago. They were engaged last year on Halloween and had talked about a big wedding but I guess they decided "to heck with that" and went the sensible route.

My husband said, "we might be great-grandparents in the next couple of years" and I advised him to zip it. :ROFLMAO:
 
I got some happy news today! Our oldest grandson (25) and his sweet Lily eloped and got married at the courthouse in Austin a couple of hours ago. They were engaged last year on Halloween and had talked about a big wedding but I guess they decided "to heck with that" and went the sensible route.

My husband said, "we might be great-grandparents in the next couple of years" and I advised him to zip it. :ROFLMAO:

That thing your husband said was my first thought. I guess you're not yet.

Don't feel bad. I went to a church here with I don't know how many generations of a family where the daughters each had a child at the age of 15. The oldest of them passed not too long ago when she was in her 90s. (I don't feel like trying to figure out how many great-greats are involved...it gives me a headache.)
 
That thing your husband said was my first thought. I guess you're not yet.

Don't feel bad. I went to a church here with I don't know how many generations of a family where the daughters each had a child at the age of 15. The oldest of them passed not too long ago when she was in her 90s. (I don't feel like trying to figure out how many great-greats are involved...it gives me a headache.)

My husband's sister had a baby as a teenager, so their mom was a grandma in her 30's. We have 3 grandsons and a granddaughter in their early 20's so the "GGP" is bound to happen before long.
 
Back
Top