On Death & Dying

I think maybe God gives us a lot of pain and other problems when we get older, so that we can see something positive about dying. No, I'm not there yet but I'm close enough to see it with binoculars.

I remember when my mother was actively dying and in intensive care. I got to see her for a couple of minutes though I don't believe she knew me at that point. As the nurses fussed over her I heard her say, "Just let me go. Please. Let me go."
 
I would rather go quickly and without all the expense and time of a lingering death.
I hate it that families suffer just as much if not more, when death lingers for long.
I often wonder, have all those who have gone before us, really the Chosen Ones?
Do we really want to be the one left behind down here. Sigh, this still a tad deep for today .
 
It's taken me 75 years to even begin to understand Jesus as our Savior and I was raised Catholic--you know, the one true religion ; )
I am glad for certain info on youtube and that I have finally found a small church to attend and help and the Bible. I feel badly for those who have not found comfort in the Good News of Jesus.
Of course there are those who claim to be comfortable in all religions and atheism. But when I actually started to try to feel God it was a good feeling.
 
I post Chase Hughes' podcasts fairly often because I find them interesting, insightful, and sometimes helpful, and because they're not so long that I have no reason to think that no one will ever watch them. I really think you'd be pleased to have watched it.
 
Last edited:
I post Chase Hughes' podcasts fairly often because I find them interesting, insightful, and sometimes helpful, and because they're not so long that I have no reason to think that no one will ever watch them. I really think you'd be pleased to have watched it.
Well, I watched it and all I can say is this guy spends to much time thinking about dying and not enough about living. Dying will come soon enough for all us oldies, and our lives are too short to be thinking about if this is the day, but 10 years from now, when I will die, every time we pass a calendar.
 
Back
Top