My Wife's Full Mouth Teeth Extraction

@Cody Fousnough Thinking of Nancy this morning and hoping she can get that endoscopy soon, so treatment for the ulcer can begin, if needed. Have they put her on a fluid measurement regime? Does she have a lot of swelling in her legs? I hope her kidney function is improving. I recently went thru the same thing with a friend. They put her on a couple of meds that are keeping her kidneys in the normal range.
 
I don't take those pain relievers or tylenol since I found out the damage they do to the kidneys and liver. I think I destroyed them back in my youth already. But I have a pretty high pain threshold. I would prefer a form of oxy but that is not as easy to get as aspirin which can also cause bleeding.
I am angry with how the medical community handles pain, in general, these days. A friend went in for bad pain and they basically threw him out of the ER. He has had surgeries and metal in his spine but he is young (50) and handsome with some tatoos so they figured he was an addict. Did not even check for surgical scars or give an xray. Just threw him out. He was crying.
Another man I knew worked at a pain center with crippling arthritis. They knew him and would not help him either.
No wonder people try fentanyl.
Maybe Ibuprofen & other pain relievers can do damage if taken long term. I doubt they can cause harm when taken for a few days while recovering from a temporary condition or surgery.
 
I don't take those pain relievers or tylenol since I found out the damage they do to the kidneys and liver. I think I destroyed them back in my youth already. But I have a pretty high pain threshold. I would prefer a form of oxy but that is not as easy to get as aspirin which can also cause bleeding.
I am angry with how the medical community handles pain, in general, these days. A friend went in for bad pain and they basically threw him out of the ER. He has had surgeries and metal in his spine but he is young (50) and handsome with some tatoos so they figured he was an addict. Did not even check for surgical scars or give an xray. Just threw him out. He was crying.
Another man I knew worked at a pain center with crippling arthritis. They knew him and would not help him either.
No wonder people try fentanyl.
There is more to these two stories.
 
Maybe Ibuprofen & other pain relievers can do damage if taken long term. I doubt they can cause harm when taken for a few days while recovering from a temporary condition or surgery.

I'm sure it depends on how healthy a person's liver and kidneys are. My kidney function is down so my PCP said no more NSAIDS for me. (If I get a gout flare, all bets are off.).
 
Back
Top