Miscellaneous Internet Critter Vids and Pics

Quite telling about people's mindset:
f95454c1ec52b8f42b0d1f6a50218ec0.jpeg
 
This video on Facebook is a woman who has Featherlite Horsemanship so I assume her advertising is ok to post.

She is an excellent trainer and Mellow is not only very smart but enjoys what she is doing.

My first Tennessee Walker (RIP Duke) could gait in time to “We’re From The Country “ by Tracy Byrd. Had this trainer been around on the Internet back then, I would’ve tried some of these things with Duke because he was smarter than the average bear, as the saying goes.❤️❤️

 
This video on Facebook is a woman who has Featherlite Horsemanship so I assume her advertising is ok to post.

She is an excellent trainer and Mellow is not only very smart but enjoys what she is doing.

My first Tennessee Walker (RIP Duke) could gait in time to “We’re From The Country “ by Tracy Byrd. Had this trainer been around on the Internet back then, I would’ve tried some of these things with Duke because he was smarter than the average bear, as the saying goes.❤️❤️

That is an amazing video, @Connie Bennett ! That horse seems to really be enjoying it, too. If you have never read the book, “Talking With Horses”, by Henry Blake, it is well worth reading.
It was written back in the 1940’s, and in England, where he had a farm and trained horses.

He noticed that some of his horses were able to have mental communication with another horse, even when they were stalled far apart, and one horse could signal his partner that the food was coming. He studied that and made notes on how it works, and then starting finding out that it can also happen between some horses and a human.

He tells the story of an exhibition he gave, where he practiced with the horse, but he also imagined an ending where the horse would dash at full speed to the main exhibion box , slide to a stop, and then rear up. He decided that he might not get the horse trained to do that in time, so he did not add it to the routine or ever practice it.
However, at the end of the practiced routine, his horse suddenly galloped up to the exhibition box and reared up. Exactly as he had imagined doing it, but never even attempted to do.

After reading the book, I tried to do this with my Tennessee Walker mare, and i could ride her in the trails through the forest and think which trail I wanted to take, just by looking at that trail, and not giving any cues or movement, and she would usually take to correct trail.
Henry also told stories of other animals, like dogs, sometimes being able to sense things from their owners. He said it didn’t seem to work with every horse/animal or every person, but that it could develop between certain people or animals.

It is an amazing book to read, and I just looked to see if it can be ordered for kindle and it can be either kindle or hard cover.

 
That is an amazing video, @Connie Bennett ! That horse seems to really be enjoying it, too. If you have never read the book, “Talking With Horses”, by Henry Blake, it is well worth reading.
It was written back in the 1940’s, and in England, where he had a farm and trained horses.

He noticed that some of his horses were able to have mental communication with another horse, even when they were stalled far apart, and one horse could signal his partner that the food was coming. He studied that and made notes on how it works, and then starting finding out that it can also happen between some horses and a human.

He tells the story of an exhibition he gave, where he practiced with the horse, but he also imagined an ending where the horse would dash at full speed to the main exhibion box , slide to a stop, and then rear up. He decided that he might not get the horse trained to do that in time, so he did not add it to the routine or ever practice it.
However, at the end of the practiced routine, his horse suddenly galloped up to the exhibition box and reared up. Exactly as he had imagined doing it, but never even attempted to do.

After reading the book, I tried to do this with my Tennessee Walker mare, and i could ride her in the trails through the forest and think which trail I wanted to take, just by looking at that trail, and not giving any cues or movement, and she would usually take to correct trail.
Henry also told stories of other animals, like dogs, sometimes being able to sense things from their owners. He said it didn’t seem to work with every horse/animal or every person, but that it could develop between certain people or animals.

It is an amazing book to read, and I just looked to see if it can be ordered for kindle and it can be either kindle or hard cover.

[/QUOTE
A friend gave me one of her dogs (she had 6) after hubby's dog died. He needed a nice dog. I took a trip out to visit my daughter after a while and when on the plane, was reading an animal communicator's book (not sure which one) I tried a technique and asked the new dog if she was happy with us. In my head I saw a field that sloped downhill to a scrubby woods. I told my friend about it when I got back. She said the dog kept escaping to that area. I guess the dog only heard about being happy in my question.
????
 
@Yvonne Smith one of my four Tennessee Walkers, Duke who was my first one, was like your mare. I discovered it by accident , when I was thinking about where a trail was to turn on and he turned onto it by himself. I rode bareback all the time, so I thought maybe I had subtly cued him, but after several tests, it was him tuned into me. I only told one or two solid horse friends as I knew nobody would believe me.

Duke was born on the Harlinsdale Farm in Franklin, TN. Some years down the road, I was able to see his sire, Prides Genius and his breeder Mr. Bill Harlin. Mr. Harlin remembered Duke. He had put “Bonafide Genius” as Duke’s registered name because he said Duke had exceptional horse sense and just always seemed to know what to do at the right time, even as a colt.

Duke was with me from a coming three year old until his end time, when he colicked at 27 from strangulating lipomas. The blessed and Genius horse is laid to rest on this farm.

******

I think in pictures. You must also think in pictures as opposed to abstract. Years ago there was a huge discussion on a now defunct horse forum on this subject. That people who think in pictures can more easily communicate with their horse, in any fashion, than those who think in abstract.

@Mary Stetler it sounds as if you think in pictures also?
 
This is an interesting conversation, and I would like to continue it, but we are off topic here (my fault !) since this is a video thread for animals.
Let’s continue this in the horse thread that Connie started.

 
Back
Top