Hate Trump - Love Trump - Don't Hate Trump

I guess it's according to whoever you want to believe. Below is from the Associated Press. What is your source? I'd be more than happy to read it. I have an open mind.

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.
I watched the first recordings of Trump's speech. I watched the Congressional hearings where Pelosi was the head of Command in the Chain of command that day. Trump did direct the National Guard and Pelossi knew they were waiting and ready but told them to stand down.
 
I guess it's according to whoever you want to believe. Below is from the Associated Press. What is your source? I'd be more than happy to read it. I have an open mind.

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.
You understand fake news and taking things out of context to make it fit your narrative? I watched the EXACT happenings.
 
Good morning to all-

Yep, I understand "fake news" very well and very clearly. I've been listening to it for some years coming from the First Felon and his MAGA minions on a daily basis.

I also watched the EXACT happenings, and the First Felon set the riot in action, and his "peaceful" comments while setting the rabble to the Capital was just like everything else he says, total misdirection and approval of the riot.

And the First Felon's reaction to the violence and destruction- and death- that he set in action tells the whole tale. He was not upset and he was not willing to do the things to stop the riot and he did not care if people he considered as "disloyal" and opposed to him were hurt.

In this as in all things, the First Felon never does anything himself, but he is very good at setting others in action to do his wishes. He's a fake, and that's all that he is.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
I guess it's according to whoever you want to believe. Below is from the Associated Press. What is your source? I'd be more than happy to read it. I have an open mind.

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.
Speaking of the AP. I live in Wisconsin. I was angered by the Black on Black shootings that were a regular occurrences In Chicago. One forth of July, not the only one, there were ONE HUNDRED and FOUR!!! shootings. The Green Bay station reported on a shooting in California of a Black man barricaded by himself in a log cabin with firearms. The FBI was called...
One man to 104!!!!! and 2000 miles away!
I called the station and reamed out the poor man who answered my call. I almost was screaming at him. How could he report on one man and ignore over 100 shootings in ONE DAY a mere 2 1/2 hours away from me?!!!
He said that was what 'they' sent him to report. The AP!
 
Good morning to all-

Yep, I understand "fake news" very well and very clearly. I've been listening to it for some years coming from the First Felon and his MAGA minions on a daily basis.

I also watched the EXACT happenings, and the First Felon set the riot in action, and his "peaceful" comments while setting the rabble to the Capital was just like everything else he says, total misdirection and approval of the riot.

And the First Felon's reaction to the violence and destruction- and death- that he set in action tells the whole tale. He was not upset and he was not willing to do the things to stop the riot and he did not care if people he considered as "disloyal" and opposed to him were hurt.

In this as in all things, the First Felon never does anything himself, but he is very good at setting others in action to do his wishes. He's a fake, and that's all that he is.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
I think I am done with this back and forth. There are things that Trump had done that I don't like and things that we needed badly which I have already enumerated. His work is not done and stopping him now is the worst for this country. He like all politicians is out for his best but he is also out for ours ours, in that, and even the world's. His tarrifs on steel is bringing the largest steel plant back to the US into Iowa with the jobs it entails as well as other businesses. He wants to revitalize Detroit....
He is all of our President. God Bless us and use him as You see fit.
 
I watched the first recordings of Trump's speech. I watched the Congressional hearings where Pelosi was the head of Command in the Chain of command that day. Trump did direct the National Guard and Pelossi knew they were waiting and ready but told them to stand down.

You understand fake news and taking things out of context to make it fit your narrative? I watched the EXACT happenings.

Sorry, CNN is not a source.
CNN is not a source in your opinion. Fox news is not a source in my opinion. The only anchors on Fox news I have any trust in are Bret Baier sand Martha MacCallum and I don't necessarily always agree with them.
 
CNN is not a source in your opinion. Fox news is not a source in my opinion. The only anchors on Fox news I have any trust in are Bret Baier sand Martha MacCallum and I don't necessarily always agree with them.

I don't watch Fox or any of them, and I have no idea who Bret Baier or Martha MacCallum are. I mentioned CNN because it was the "source" of the quote.
 
I agree that the current administration is lead by a jerk, who is destroying the middle class and the poor in this country.

However your constant wishing of ill will toward 1/3 of the population makes me feel pretty much the same about you.
That's why, although I might agree with some of the things you have posted, I keep you in the ignore bin to avoid having
anything to do with someone who openly wishes ill will toward that many people.

Although I agree the current administration is destroying this country for their personal gain, two of my best friends are still
supporters of him - why, I don't know - but we have agreed to not discuss him, because other then that we get along quite well.

I also find something terribly wrong with your constant wishing of ill will, and feel that is not a good sentiment to allow
to constantly be posted on a forum, though that is up to Ken. I'm not suggesting a ban but maybe some adjustment to the
guidelines, as constantly wishing ill will toward people is a rather disgusting thing to keep doing on a public forum for seniors.
This would be a very bland forum if people criticizing Trump or the MAGA movement were banned. The title of the thread invites people who "love" or "hate" Trump to post here. Saying "confusion to the Republicans" is pretty mild compared to many of the posts on this forum.
 
Good morning to all-

OK, here's a thing most of you regular readers will be very shocked to read coming from me.

I agree with the First Felon- sort of.

Much as I detest the life and actions of the First Felon, through my research I have found a single small insignificant point that I can find agreement with the First Felon. It's the only thing I discover any kind of similar thought between myself and the First Felon.

When the First Felon was in college- and a most indifferent student he was by all accounts- except his- he did not choose to join a fraternity. I also did not choose to join any fraternity. I found the frat system to be juvenile, abusive, and of course totally racially biased. I don't know the First Felon's thoughts, but I will admit, in this one point, we agreed. No frat membership.

So, you see. Even in minds and lives totally opposed there can be points of agreement.

I was surprised, and I freely admit my surprise.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
Good morning to all-

OK, here's a thing most of you regular readers will be very shocked to read coming from me.

I agree with the First Felon- sort of.

Much as I detest the life and actions of the First Felon, through my research I have found a single small insignificant point that I can find agreement with the First Felon. It's the only thing I discover any kind of similar thought between myself and the First Felon.

When the First Felon was in college- and a most indifferent student he was by all accounts- except his- he did not choose to join a fraternity. I also did not choose to join any fraternity. I found the frat system to be juvenile, abusive, and of course totally racially biased. I don't know the First Felon's thoughts, but I will admit, in this one point, we agreed. No frat membership.

So, you see. Even in minds and lives totally opposed there can be points of agreement.

I was surprised, and I freely admit my surprise.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
Choosing not to join a fraternity says what?
 
Choosing not to join a fraternity says what?
Good morning to all-

Choosing to not join a fraternity says, "I do not choose to join a fraternity."

I did not need Greek letters on my shirt to show who and what I was. I did not need a group of "brothers" to establish my identity. I did not and do not need to have a group to back me up in my life dealings.

I had no need for fraternity membership, so I stayed independent- then as now- I go my own way.

I can not account for the First Felon's reasoning in this- or any- matter.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
This is the type of thing that I hate most about Trump. From Reuters:

Trump says he regrets nominating Supreme Court Justices Gorsuch, Barrett and Kavanaugh

WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump said he regretted nominating three Supreme Court justices — Neil Gorsuch, Amy Coney Barrett and ‌Brett Kavanaugh — who have opposed him in recent rulings, according ‌to a Time Magazine interview.

The Republican president was asked about his recent comments regarding the three conservative justices in the interview, which was conducted on Monday.

"Do you regret nominating them?" the interviewer asked, referring to Trump's comments in a recent Truth Social post.

"Yeah. Yeah," Trump responded, according to a transcript of the ‌interview.

"What can I do? ⁠I put them in. They voted against me too often. I was very — I gave them the position of ⁠a lifetime, and they vote against me often."


The Court's core purpose is INTERPRETING the Constitution and safeguarding existing law. They should not be partisan in any regard, ever. The Court does not exist to twist laws to suit anyone's purpose, including the president. This gives me a higher opinion of these three justices, though I already admired them.
 
Good morning to all-

But Beth Gallagher, you must not understand...

In the First Felon's world, everything and EVERYONE can be bought and sold. And if the First Felon "gives you a position" then you owe him total and unquestioning loyalty. What the Constitution says or what the law says is of no importance.

WE know what the Supreme Court is supposed to do, but the First Felon thinks it should be his support and backup in all matters.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
Good morning to all-

But Beth Gallagher, you must not understand...

In the First Felon's world, everything and EVERYONE can be bought and sold. And if the First Felon "gives you a position" then you owe him total and unquestioning loyalty. What the Constitution says or what the law says is of no importance.

WE know what the Supreme Court is supposed to do, but the First Felon thinks it should be his support and backup in all matters.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed

Oh, look. Another pearl of wisdom from a troll. Do me a favor and don't tell me what I understand. Your stupid antics are beyond aggravating, which is your goal so congratulations.

You'd probably be shocked to learn how many people have no idea what the Supreme Court is supposed to do.
 
Along the same lines, Beth, Trump has often done this against other people, as well. As long as they agree with him on everything, they're fine, but the first time they disagree on whatever his issue of the moment is, they become the scum of the earth, and we're all supposed to view them as being "liberal" or "anti-MAGA." It's like he attacks one issue at a time without continuity. The way I see it, that understandably drives whoever his target of the day is further away from him, and often, the bulk of things with which they were formerly in agreement. If there's a strategy there, I don't get it. Anyone who agrees with another person on absolutely everything doesn't have an opinion that's worth listening to.
 
Back
Top