Atheism?

I don't find much in that video for the case for or against atheism. To me (an agnostic), a person either believes in God or they don't. I have no issue with other people's beliefs or lack of because I struggle with my own.

I do believe there is a higher power of some kind. I just don't believe in Bible stories that seem more like fables to me. (And I mean NO offense to the true believers among us.)
 
I don't find much in that video for the case for or against atheism. To me (an agnostic), a person either believes in God or they don't. I have no issue with other people's beliefs or lack of because I struggle with my own.

I do believe there is a higher power of some kind. I just don't believe in Bible stories that seem more like fables to me. (And I mean NO offense to the true believers among us.

I find many good reasons in this video to think that God is a human creation. I believe that God does not exist though of course I can't prove that no type of God exists. The way God is described seems inconsistent with what science, philosophy have learned in the last thousand years.
 
I find many good reasons in this video to think that God is a human creation. I believe that God does not exist though of course I can't prove that no type of God exists. The way God is described seems inconsistent with what science, philosophy have learned in the last thousand years.

But this is where "faith" comes into play. So many things exist but have no proof of existence, but we have faith that they are there.
 
Even if you know the universe started from a spark and a big bang, Who lit the dust with the spark? Where did the dust and spark come from?
 
It's unknown where the "dust" and "spark" came from. It's unknown who lit the dust to create a spark. Maybe it was a natural process with no beings involved. Some people say God "lit the spark." Who lit the spark that created God ? Who created the materials out of which God was made ?
 
Its interesting.. Alot of Athiest/Agnostic people are very open minded.. i wonder if its because they dont follow a fake religion?
 
A funny line from "Three's Company"
Chrissy's father (who played a reverend) came by the apartment to visit his daughter. At first he got angry that his daughter was living with a male roommate in addition to another female, then he was OK with it after he became convinced there was nothing sexual going on.
Then Chrissy's boyfriend showed up for his date & he got mad when he found out Chrissy had a male roommate.
Chrissy assured him nothing was going on. The boyfriend asked the Reverend, "Reverend, do you believe nothing is going on?"
"Sure," he replied. "I also believe in the parting of the Red Sea."
 
A funny line from "Three's Company"
Chrissy's father (who played a reverend) came by the apartment to visit his daughter. At first he got angry that his daughter was living with a male roommate in addition to another female, then he was OK with it after he became convinced there was nothing sexual going on.
Then Chrissy's boyfriend showed up for his date & he got mad when he found out Chrissy had a male roommate.
Chrissy assured him nothing was going on. The boyfriend asked the Reverend, "Reverend, do you believe nothing is going on?"
"Sure," he replied. "I also believe in the parting of the Red Sea."
Moses did part the Red Sea. He used a very big magical comb to do it.
 
Back
Top