Welcome To Hat Town : A Place To Hang Your Hat! What's Your Favorite Hat Look Like?

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley - no I did not know that. thanks for the info. The camera on my phone comes with different ways to change your photos. I like playing around with it from time to time.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I found an American Gothic clipart, some years back , that had holes where the faces were. It allowed me to place our faces behind them. My hat is real, and my wife's hat is part of the clipart. I could never find it again.

American Gothic couple .jpg

Nancy Hart and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Cowboys In The Wild West Didn’t Wear Cowboy Hats

"In today’s world many misconceptions have been perpetuated—becoming modern day “facts”—when, in reality, myths and hearsay have taken over. Sorry to burst your bubble, but in this weekly column, Ripley’s puts those delusions to the test, turning your world upside down, because you can’t always…Believe It!"

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Bat Masterson, Billy the Kid, Wild Bill Hickok, and Jesse James.

"Men commonly wore hats on the American frontier, and derby hats were functional for various occasions. Most photographs from that time feature men wearing them and one of the reasons they were popular is because they stayed on in windy conditions."

"Frontiersman typically wore hats related to their employment, and they were commonly made of beaver fur-felt and were natural in color. In addition to the derby, men wore flat wool caps, Mexican sombreros, or old Civil War hats (such as the kepi)."

"As for the ten-gallon hat, it would have been impractical, even if it was impressive to 20th-century moviegoers. Famous lawmen such as Wild Bill Hickok and Wyatt Earp wore low-crowned hats because giant cowboy hats would have made them easy targets for adversaries."

"The ten-gallon hat got its name from the Spanish word “Galón,” not because it could hold 10 gallons of water. Galón means braid, and many Spanish hats in era had braids on them. One with 10 braids was called a Ten-Galón hat." READ MORE

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Classic Easter Bonnets.....cheaper by the dozen!

[​IMG]

Mary Stetler likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

.....or should I say "Cheeper" by the Dozen?!;)

Mary Stetler and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have one of these in a khaki color:
    BGH.jpg
    Bought it before it was cool. Amusingly even at this late date most people will not get the reference. One of the best television shows in history and still relatively unknown.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  8. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the cap I received when I reached my senior year in nursing school. It is my pride and joy, and we all worked our hearts out to win it. Nothing 24140_1381092409279_1291001933_31099029_2792004_n.jpg could ever replace it at all.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered