Was There An Ancient Highly Developed Civilization?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some scientist believe the Pyramids are much much older than 3000 years. The French Cave paintings are 57,000 years old. One of my all time favorites is....... where did that first chicken egg come from. If anyone thinks Earth is the only inhabited world in the vast universe he is very short sighted. It don't take much to make life, a little water and warmth and the rest will be magical. I remember a science class way back in the 3rd grade. The teacher showed us how to grow a bean in a closed atmosphere. You use a large jar with a tight lid and place a little dirt in the bottom, drop your bean in and then strike a kitchen match and drop it into the jar then put the lid on while the match is burning and tighten the lid tightly. It does not take very long for a very healthy bean to grow due to the gases trapped in the jar. It even gets the attention of young children. To think we are alone is not being fair to yourself since you probably will never know the answer simply because none of us will live long enough to find out. In other words the answer is still to be discovered. One thing that has always puzzled me is why were there no dinosaur bones discovered 3000 years ago or longer. In 3000 years a lot of top soil is thrown on top of history. Even today half of Rome still lies undiscovered under the new Rome due to the burying from climatic changes and earthquakes and more. Where there are oceans today there were none until an ice age occurred. A good example is our own southern Gulf of Mexico and Ireland as it was once a part of Britain and the European continent. I think we humans just have no concept of real time or the meaning of how it effects our beliefs about our past. There are a lot of things undiscovered out there.

2. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, the Great Pyramid of Khufu is older than 3,000 years. It was built in aprox 2,525 B.C. That would make it 4,550 years old.
    The Step Pyramid is the 1st large pyramid built in Egypt and is 4,690 years old.

Interesting note about Egyptian pyramids. It took the Egyptians numerous tries before they finally got it right. Khufu built 2 previous pyramids that cracked and failed (The Red Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid) and had to be abandoned before they finally figured it out and built the Great Pyramid at Giza. Had aliens been present, surely they would have taught Egyptians to do it right from the first.

As far as where did the 1st chicken egg come from ? Evolution ! Like all other animals, birds evolved. Millions upon millions of species evolved BEFORE the bird we call a chicken came into being.

There were dinosaur bones discovered long before modern times. We have written texts from the age of the ancient Greeks who found gigantic bones. They thought that those gigantic bones were the bones of a race of giants they called "The Titans".

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The fact remains, you still can't say for sure another race is out there somewhere in the universe and could have at one time been on our planet. It would certainly have been inviting with the atmosphere and climate even so long ago. If we can do the things we do today and progressed so far even if it took thousands of years, there are a lot of unaccounted for millions of years. I would say by 2050 we will have placed men on Mars, who knows what the limits really are as long as we still have time.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Sam Calabria

Sam Calabria Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw one history show that said that the ancient Greeks, 2000 years ago, were starting some rudimentary experiments with electricity. They mostly used it for parlor tricks. And that is also how modern man was encountering electricity until Ben and the gang changed things. But what the historian was getting at is that it was really just as likely then, that they would have put it to pragmatic use, re engines, as in the modern era. Just more luck of the draw that it didn't all get started 2000 years ago.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  5. Richard Whiting

Registered

What kind of experiments with electricity ? Static electricity ? OR some other form of naturally occurring electricity ?

6. Sam Calabria

Registered

Oh, I saw that show? 10 years ago, 12 years ago?

Let me see what I can recall...

Well, they did some therapeutic things with electric eels or some other kind of fish. They would stick their feet in these ponds with those fish. I guess like electric stim today.

They did parlor tricks with the properties of static electricity.

Memory is not great...

Let me see if I can find a LINK somewhere...

some articles:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Anc...U1MjlqMWoxNagCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Bobby Cole and Richard Whiting like this.
  7. Sam Calabria

Registered

But more involved...I think they were already using static electricity to turn a wheel...as a parlor trick. exchange the world "wheel" for "gear" and they are already coming close to something.

So, why did they not get more curious about the properties of this static electricity? Why did they not notice the charged air during lightning? Just seems a matter of luck that they did not get deeper in there and start the discoveries of the early folks like Franklin...

Richard Whiting likes this.
  8. Sam Calabria

Registered

Of course, then we would have had Brittney Spears videos for the last 2000 years. Maybe it was good that the stuff was kept in a bottle...

9. Richard Whiting

Registered

Perhaps they did get curious about static electricity and also noticed the charged air during lightning, but simply failed to make any use of it.

Ben Franklin was vastly more educated in science than the ancient Greeks. Franklin was able to temporary store an electrical charge in something he called a Leyden Jar (earliest form of a battery) BUT when used it completely discharged itself in a single flash and NOT released over time.

10. Sam Calabria

Registered

I am aware of the Franklin experiments. I absolutely believe he was an incredible genius, one of the greatest in world history.

I think the mind of people 2000 years ago, 5000 years ago, was the same mind we use to play grandmaster chess and solve math problems. How they applied it? I am sure they did many very interesting and complex things. And a good deal of that must be lost to history. Who knows, maybe 10,000 years ago, some genius working in a hut, made huge advances that were just lost to history. Seems possible.

There is some evidence that they had aerial craft in ancient India. Balloons would make sense, I guess. Or, maybe even gliders (like hang gliders) launched off of balloons. My thought would be the military urgency to see from high ground pushed that invention.

My Dad had a few patents. His uncle had a bunch. He was a chemist in Germany and later in the US. It seems it is "just a spark" in the mind of people, like the same kind of spark that makes a musician or comedian. They just "see" some things, somehow. So, I assume some ancient people also had that spark.

Bobby Cole and Richard Whiting like this.
  11. Sam Calabria

Registered

I also invented a few things. Before I submitted my inventions, I saw flaws in them. And rather than push them into the public with some dangers they had, I opted to continue to be a loser, here in New Jersey...

One was a simple design for a better garbage can. I thought it was pure genius. Then, I realized it would become a piece of pure genius, falling into the street and being a greater and more dangerous obstacle than the garbage cans already out there.

But genius, I say! Genius!

Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Richard Whiting

Registered

Never doubt it. There have always been those who see/think what others do not.

This is far from the topic of ancient developed civilizations, but I have always wondered how the 1st person figured out how to make fire. Oh, sure, at 1st they merely collected fire from naturally occurring wild fires, but somewhere along the line someone figured out how to create fire from 2 sticks or perhaps from flint.

13. Richard Whiting

Registered

It certainly does. For the life of me I can't figure out what that figure was doing.

14. Richard Whiting

Registered

Yvonne,
    As all of us know, it is difficult to know if what we see on the internet is real or faked. I have been taken in more than once. What do you think the chances are that the attachment you posted above has been photo shopped" ?

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Ancient civilizations, illegal aliens...Who was here before 'American Indians"? I saw maps of the tribes/nations I'd heard of. These are mapped before those were here.

Yvonne Smith likes this.