Unable To Write My Name, And More

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by D'Ellyn Dottir, Jul 7, 2021.

1. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I woke this morning from a dream in which I had asked a college student to tell me all the things that are wrong with me :eek:, and then we bonded and I suggested we trade contact info to say in touch. But instead of one of us simply sending the other a text, I kept trying to write my name on many pieces of paper that mysterious kept appearing, but I couldn't get a legible attempt after multiple tries. I woke up laughing from thinking this indicated I wasn't who I thought I was.

Yesterday the dream that woke me was when I kept trying to turn off the water from a number of difference faucets and leaking pipes, and couldn't. Since water is often a symbol for emotion, I figure this had something to do with a emotional situation I've been dealing with lately and that my subconscious is still processing the significance of what I'm feeling, not yet ready to disengage and move on.

When you have impactful dreams, do you know what they are about?

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems like your dreams are letting you know that you are dealing with a messy situation that you need to find a solution for.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Dream interpretations are very difficult even books on the subject don't agree with each other.
    I believe that if your dreams have any meaning it will show its face and you'll get the message.

"You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!”

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On the writing debacle, reading and writing is kinda out whilst dreaming. We can recognize shapes like a stop sign but so far as being able to read it, well, that part of your brain is taking a break. The same goes for being able to write. We can write all we want because the mechanics are there but actually writing a word that is understandable even to ourselves isn’t in the books.

Numbers are a little different. Some folks say they can’t recognize written numbers and some say they can.

The whole thing is frustrating at times because I’ve been in the Food and Beverage industry so long that I sometimes dream of being behind a cook line trying to read tickets. At some point in my dream I will inevitably demand that a waitperson tell me what to cook rather than giving me a written garbled up ticket.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

In my opinion, dreams are not meant to be interpreted. Dreams are created in the subconscious mind and the conscious mind does not have the same powers as the subconscious thus trying to interpret a dream is futile. If one is put under clinical hypnosis, then some understanding of what caused the dream may be revealed if the hypnotist is skilled at asking the right questions. Dreams are dreams for a reason and trying to analyze them in a conscious state is an attempt to question the power and reasoning of the subconscious mind which is a superior mind that connects to the spirit world. Dreams cannot be altered by the conscious mind.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

There have been a few recurrent dreams where I can explain the meaning. There are some that clearly relate to what happened that day, if it was stressful. But most are so bizarre, I think they have more to do with what you eat just before you go to bed. Hard to digest things.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

They say we dream every night you just don't remember them.
    Most dreams are telling us something but we just don't understand them, however there are those that are directly on the mark no doubt about what they mean. When I was 10 or 11 I had a nightmare that woke me up, I remember sitting up for few seconds, then rolling over back to sleep. The dream was a premonition that the next morning I found out it was reality and it happened almost exactly as I dreamt it. It still gives me goosebumps and my hair is standing up right now.