Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don’t think anyone here has mentioned the newly scheduled debates between Biden and Trump.
    Biden first demanded the debates (which took at least 6 takes for a 15 second or so video) and are scheduled for June and September.

It’s a given that Trump accepted the challenge and with the twists that Biden’s team put into place.
    1. No live audience.
    2. The host channels to see it will be on CNN and NBC.
    3. The moderators are all openly hostile toward Trump.
    4. JFK cannot be included in the debates.

And, about the JFK thing.
    Neither party has had their convention yet. It’s pretty much a solid thing that the GOP will present Trump as their candidate for the Presidency but the DNC has yet to announce and there’s 2 in the running: Biden and Kennedy.

Personally, I do not really believe the debates will really happen. There’s too much in the wind that says the challenge made by Biden is just an attempt to get more attention and there’s something that is going to happen to prevent the debates from taking place.

I mean, there just isn’t that much chemical go faster in Biden’s injected cocktail that would allow him to stand and be fully cognizant for a full hour or so and the DNC knows that.
    My opinion of course.

Edit: One thing Yvonne caught me on is that JFK is an Independent and not running on a Dem ticket.
    Even so, neither convention has announced their candidate so there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be included in the debates.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Without an audience witnesses, they can air anything they want.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Long ago Trump mentioned he wanted a debate but didn't think Biden could do one. Now Biden is acting like he is throwing down the gauntlet daring Trump to debate him. With statements like Make My Day. They also have a mute on Trump's podium to 'make sure he stays within the time allotted'.
    There was third debate, suggested by Biden. Not sure why. But if they can jack him up once, why not a few times?

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The dice are so loaded it just isn't funny.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

Remember when Candy Crawley of CNN "moderated" debates and gave Hillary's team an advanced look at the questions?

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

If Trump can tone it down, and point out Biden's ear piece and teleprompter often enough to stir Biden's ire, I think we still have a chance. Even point out Crawley and the continuation of the need to cheat. I hope a conservative has a mini camera wired to smuggle out the outtakes.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

May I assume you meant RFK?

8. Mary Stetler

Registered

Bobby can't help it; he's old.
    Glad you don't call me on all my oopses.;)

9. John Brunner

Given how I expect Artificial Intelligence to misrepresent the debates, having JFK behind a podium would be the lesser misrepresentation.

10. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have thought that too! It's all BS.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all-
    I don't give a hoot in Hades if there is a "debate" or not. Calling these televised matches a debate is ridiculous. Debates are civilized back and forth presentations with absolute and rigorous rules which govern the debate. ( I helped coach several school debate teams, so I know how REAL debates are supposed to proceed).

And expecting tRump to abide by ANY rules in ANY situation is also ridiculous. In tRump's world, there are no rules or limitations which apply to him.

And even if they do have their "debate" there's no reason for me to witness it. I know what Biden will say, and I don't care what tRump might say- it would be a lie in any case.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, that one.
    The one who hasn’t run into a tree whilst skiing, drowned anyone, been in a plane crash or who hasn’t been shot……yet.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To your point but slightly off topic, in the video I presented, there are specialized cameras in front of the people on stage. The people on stage have the same builds as those they portray and they can all sing but none are who they are portrayed to be.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Everything I write in the morning before I have coffee should be forgiven.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I agree with that part. They are not debates under any reasonable definition of the word.

Given that the "moderators" don't follow any rules of fairness, that seems reasonable. He's got to do what he's got to do to make a point because he's not going to be allowed to do so otherwise.

The beauty of it is that Biden doesn't even know what he will say, and it's pretty hard for the rest of us to know what he said after he's said it. Even when the words are on the teleprompter, he can't read them. Although I'm sure they'll pump him up with artificial brain juice prior to the debate, and the moderators won't toss anything difficult his way, he is still likely to be amusing.