The Atrocity Of Abortion And Those Who Support It

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joseph Carl, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

My Body My Choice is specific for a woman's right to choose. Anything else is a steal, a misappropriation. Just as I strongly dislike those who steal the term Never Again when it applies to the Holocaust and not some other topic.

I strongly resist people who steal, misappropriate these terms for their separate, different causes. I call them out and make them sweat. My Body My Choice applies for the rights of a female to choose her destiny and has that meaning ONLY, no matter how hard others try to use it for contradictory ideals.

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    You wrote a tome! I need to go over your post carefully, the way it deserves to be read. Please allow me more time to respond, my friend.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a shame, way beyond, that babies have to pay for others mistakes/crimes.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm not sorry that I will always speak out for the un-born child who cannot speak for themselves. I just cringe at the excuses people still have, every one of the excuses are the total selfishness of humanity :(

Joseph Carl and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's funny. I can't believe you actually said that. That's liberal logic for you.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Funny how little is ever mentioned about the baby's body, but then, a "fetus" sounds so much like just dead-weight right? Talk about denial of all the proof showing that is a living, breathing human being at just a few weeks. But look at all the people that can bury their heads in the sand over this one.

So a woman has the right to do with what she wants to her own body, but what about the innocent baby? You can't lean back on the old, it's only a fetus, not if you follow the science on when the baby can "feel" itself being ripped apart. Best learn more before you decide on this whole abortion thing. It's nothing but a form of birth control, only it's taking an innocent life. Oh but it's just a thing, I can hear you pro-abortionists squeeling about the women's rights, to me, both women and men shouldn't have any rights if they are going to abuse the freedom.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Exactly, can't agree more Ken.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Before anyone gets their BVDs in a bundle, this post is not responding to anyone; it is simply my opinion.

I've never had an abortion; never would have considered it. That said, I don't believe it is up to me or anyone else... especially men, to tell any woman what they can or cannot do with their body. If a woman does not want a baby for whatever reason, she should not be sentenced to a life-changing event against her will. Anyone who has raised a child knows it is definitely a huge responsibility and definitely life-changing. Carrying a baby to term, suffering through childbirth, and caring for an infant/child are daunting tasks. (When a man can do ALL those things, then he gets an opinion on this topic.) A woman's decision is between her, her doctor, and her god. Judge not lest ye be judged and get on with your life as it pertains to YOU. Or, sign up to adopt several of the unwanted babies so that they can have a decent life. "Put your money where your mouth is."

From what I know (which is not a lot), most abortions are performed before the fetus has become a fully viable baby... often just a clump of unrecognizable cells. At that point I definitely have no problem with an abortion because that "baby" could not possibly survive on its own. A baby that is fully formed is a different matter and I do not believe in late-stage abortion. (And no need to drag out the "here's the fetus at 3 months" photos. I have seen them.)

I suppose the right-to-lifers also object to the death penalty? Just musing. It also seems OK to bomb abortion clinics and kill medical personnel. Apparently they don't have the right to life. And one more observation... I seldom see or hear any right-to-life advocates opening their homes to these unwanted children. Too busy painting signs and bombing clinics I guess.

9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I totally agree! Well Said!!!

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not answering as I haven't read everything in this thread. But in this day and age, My body; my choice must include thinking before having sex, using birth control or having it available at all times because sex doesn't 'just happen'. And if you do end up getting pregnant, I don't want you to use MY or other people's money to fix YOUR problem. You chose how to use your body, now take the responsibility for your actions.
    Pregnancy from rape and incest could be considered but a lot of proof would be needed.IMHO

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I agree that people should think before having sex, but birth control methods are not 100%. I haven't considered the issue of taxpayers footing the bill because this thread seems to be about moral/religious beliefs around aborting a baby. (At some point, an unwanted baby may become a life-long expense for taxpayers but that's another discussion.)

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just heard a woman being interviewed a few days ago. She married at 38 due to professional work, so she wasn't sure if she would have children. She did get pregnant but at 19 weeks, the doctor notified her that the child she was carrying was "incompatible with life" and recommended termination. She felt it was her last chance to have a child, and was not comfortable with abortion anyway, so she refused. She started going to the beach every day and praying for her baby. At the next appointment, the doctor told her there had been an error, and the data had been entered in the wrong electronic chart. Her baby was fine. She carried to term and safely delivered. She has a healthy, active, normal young son.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My niece is in her late 20's and has just finished graduate work to be awarded her Nurse Practitioner degree. A few years ago she and her husband were expecting their first baby when it was determined that the child had Trisomy 18, a severe chromosome birth defect. My niece is a Mormon and very religious, so she overruled her doctor's recommendation to abort the baby.

She carried the little girl to term but unfortunately the baby did not survive childbirth and was born without half her brain along with other severe physical deformities. In my opinion, it was a blessing that the little girl did not survive. My niece has since had 2 beautiful, healthy babies.

There is no easy answer for these things, and the only person who should be allowed to decide is the woman who will be left to deal with either guilt or saddled with an unwanted child for life. And how terrible for a child to be raised unwanted.

Krystal Shay and Mary Stetler like this.
  14. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Veteran Member
    Registered

The support for abortion based upon the popular cry of "My body, my choice," is a view I held myself as a libertarian many years ago. In time though, I learned of my ignorance in biological reality and logic - that a fetus is definitively a separate human being from the mother. Even honest abortion doctors concede this fact, placing their arguments upon the dividing line of being a person (with constitutionally protected rights) versus a human.

As a maturing Christian I eventually came to understand that murdering another innocent human being, whether legally classified as a person or not, is morally wrong by God's objective standards. I think those continuing to support abortion thus fall into two camps:

They remain ignorant on the matter as I did for a long time, not understanding the error in their view of the fetus as a separate human being. There are many Christians in this camp too who have sadly formed their views based upon current educational teachings, media, and cultural pressures. They simply don't understand that accepting abortion, LGBT rights, gender wokeness, and even evolution counters the Biblical foundation of their faith.

For those that reject God and his standards for mankind, morality does not trump personal freedom and convenience of the individual. This is consistent with today's culture of idolatry - people serving themselves rather than submitting to God. So be it, since that's the way of the world - for awhile. I'd suggest though that smart, rational people in this category quit justifying their views upon false cliches, recognizing instead that they have a heart lacking in moral standards. It may be a sad position from a Christian perspective, but at least an intellectually honest and consistent one.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

How very "christian" of you. And remember to judge not while you're at it.