Stupid Things Done At A Young Age

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

After reading about another death due to "car surfing", it made me wonder if any of us done anything like this when we were in our teens/20's. This latest incident involved a young girl that was intoxicated at 4:30AM. Charges are pending on the driver of the car. There have been other "stupid" things young folks have done on a dare, playing chicken and a lot of times, being totally intoxicated.

I don't think I've ever got that intoxicated and never/ever done anything that stupid/foolish. Doing dangerous things were never a part of my life!

What about you?
    What do you think about this stupid stuff like "car surfing"?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was an angel and the perfect child. I didn't do anything like that, I didn't even date. Didn't do drugs or drink either.

The only time in my life when I drank more than I should have was those 6 years in Hungary. Maybe because I had no responsibilities and I also had a chauffeur so I didn't have to worry about drinking and driving home.

I'd say those 6 years were my wildest....all the rest I was a responsible child and adult. In my 20's I had two children to raise and they were my priority in life...along with my husband.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, no "wild child" in you, hugh? Sounds like both of us.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Nope, none at all!

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I admit I was pretty wild in my 20's. But now I think that was just backlash from the first 18 years of bondage from my father and the man he married me to at 13. When I hit 18, I finally became a legal adult, and I started to claim my freedom from others. By then I had two sons, ages two and four. So yes, as the world became my oyster, I pretty much did as I chose. Although, by the age of 30, I settled down.

Let see, I water skied every weekend for two years before I learned to swim. I went mudding in a short base Dodge pickup for a couple of years up in Oklahoma. I took off with my kids and lived for two years in Boston MA at 18, without telling anyone where I was. (My mother had the FBI looking for me.) I was a belly dancer for awhile, and that led to competition ballroom and country dancing. That's a few of the things I pulled, but I'll hold onto the rest, as I wish to maintain a bit of decorum.

For me I think it was a matter of trying to live as much as I could before I died. Doctor's have been saying I didn't have long to live since I was seven. And, since I had cancer at 19 and 26, I saw no reason not to see some of what the world held.

Growing up is hard to do when you have to go at it backwards.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's what I did in Hungary but only because I was finally free of any real responsibility. My kids were grown and on their own and I was on another continent and far far away. Lol

7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Although my sons did have to grow up with me, they also learned to challenge themselves to the macks. ER at 17 joined the Army, and became an Army Ranger, and remained so until his death at 27.

Young Michael, earn two degrees, and like me, couldn't seem to get enough of education. ( I went to college for 19 years.) He was so talented, but he never saw what an artist he was. He just saw it as one more thing that he learned. I was in my late 30's when I realized I was an artist.

As both my sons died early, I am proud that they learned to challenge themselves every step of the way. I taught my children to, with honor, go for whatever they wanted, and although they died young, I now can see they had very full lives.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, I can't say that I was real "quiet/reserved" in my younger years, being that I played drums and loved rock music. Actually, I couldn't wait to leave my step-parents home, because for the 5 years I was with them, they were very strict with me. Back then, like my step-dad, I had a very, very short haircut and weighed a thin 98 pounds. Once I got in the Navy, and stationed in San Diego, I did "cut loose" some, but never the "wild child" type of personality. Young adults of today love doing that "Dare Devil/Extreme Sports" stuff that I would've have never done.

I wasn't a "wild child" in my younger years, but also didn't have a hallo over my head either. LOL

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

my son has artistic talent and he's very good and won first prize in high school in an art show but he never developed it nor does he even enjoy it...I don't know why either, I'll have to ask him. My grandfather was very artistic and painted as a hobby and I see that talent in my son but he doesn't use it except maybe to make nice looking teeth for people, lol.

At least I see his middle son has artistic talent. My daughter and both her sons...ZERO! :)

Oops, this was in reply to @Ina I. Wonder but Cody's post slipped in between.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Anyway, I had 6-7 wild years in Hungary, so wild I remember only half of them. :)

I was 46-52 those years. Then moved to Fresno with a dying husband who was pretty much bed ridden and I was house bound for a year taking care of him and then he died and nothing exciting has happened in the last 13 yrs....

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

All my life I've been an example of "what not to do".

12. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Do tell @Ike Willis. I know I can't be the only wild child from the past. With your mischievous nature I bet you have many wild child fun adventures to tell. Tell, tell, do please! It's too late to get into trouble now, if not, keep those to yourself. I do!

Ike Willis likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've only trusted my secrets to one person and we're not speaking anymore...kind of sad.

Sad that I trusted him or sad that were not speaking...maybe both.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't get me started on the dumb things I did. It never ends. I'm still doing them.:D

15. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Ike you and I could have been siblings. If some one told me not to, you shouldn't or you can't, thats about all it took. Or I dare you was another call to arms.

Ike Willis and Ina I. Wonder like this.