Shopping--What did you buy?

I ordered some fall shirts and tops. I also ordered 2 handbags from Macy's sale and Brahmin's website. I have a genuine handbag addiction so I have decided they are my "hobby" and "collection." :rolleyes: I am running out of room to store them so now I'm shopping for a tall shelf unit from Amazon.

I might as well have the kids going, "what the hell?" when I die and they go into my closet.
 
I ordered some fall shirts and tops. I also ordered 2 handbags from Macy's sale and Brahmin's website. I have a genuine handbag addiction so I have decided they are my "hobby" and "collection." :rolleyes: I am running out of room to store them so now I'm shopping for a tall shelf unit from Amazon.

I might as well have the kids going, "what the hell?" when I die and they go into my closet.

I have friends with tons of Longaberger baskets. Prices seem to have gone the way of Beanie Babies. I never saw what the attraction to the baskets was. "Famous for being famous."
 
Amazon had Prime day a couple of days ago. I ordered two planters for my front porch, an extra-large paper towel holder, shoes, and a few pairs of Darn Tough socks for my husband.

What is up with the HUGE rolls of paper towels these days? Jumbo paper towels do not fit my current holder. I also don’t like those select-a-size paper towels. I want full size sheets, which seems to be getting harder to find. I’m picky. I only like certain brands of paper towels too.
 
Amazon had Prime day a couple of days ago. I ordered two planters for my front porch, an extra-large paper towel holder, shoes, and a few pairs of Darn Tough socks for my husband.

What is up with the HUGE rolls of paper towels these days? Jumbo paper towels do not fit my current holder. I also don’t like those select-a-size paper towels. I want full size sheets, which seems to be getting harder to find. I’m picky. I only like certain brands of paper towels too.

I'm just the opposite with paper towels; I have to have the select-a-size. :D I have the Amazon brand "Presto" on subscribe and save, so I haven't bought any other brand in 6 or 7 years now. I have seen the "triple roll" huge packages of Bounty and I don't think they'd fit my holder, either.
 
I have friends with tons of Longaberger baskets. Prices seem to have gone the way of Beanie Babies. I never saw what the attraction to the baskets was. "Famous for being famous."

I have never seen anything as stupid as the Beanie Baby craze. My husband's brother and his wife bought thousands of dollars in that crap. They were the ones sitting outside of stores at dawn on "release day" like a pair of morons. Now they have boxes of worthless stuffed toys in their attic; what a great investment. I was buying Exxon stock so I think I won that one.
 
I have never seen anything as stupid as the Beanie Baby craze. My husband's brother and his wife bought thousands of dollars in that crap. They were the ones sitting outside of stores at dawn on "release day" like a pair of morons. Now they have boxes of worthless stuffed toys in their attic; what a great investment. I was buying Exxon stock so I think I won that one.

There were times I likened Beanie Babies to some worthless stock that took off and then crashed. 25¢ worth of beans and cloth selling for $200 merely because someone else will pay that...but there is no intrinsic value.
 
I'm just the opposite with paper towels; I have to have the select-a-size. :D I have the Amazon brand "Presto" on subscribe and save, so I haven't bought any other brand in 6 or 7 years now. I have seen the "triple roll" huge packages of Bounty and I don't think they'd fit my holder, either.
I guess I am wasteful using the full sheets.:p I told my husband that we are going to have to start using select-a-size, since that is just about all I can find. Change is hard! :ROFLMAO:
 
I guess I am wasteful using the full sheets.:p I told my husband that we are going to have to start using select-a-size, since that is just about all I can find. Change is hard! :ROFLMAO:
Yelling at Clouds warning:
Daggone Walmart changed the packaging of their Great Value paper towels and of their Great Value toilet paper so that the paper towels were completely new and the toilet paper looks like the original paper towels. Guess what I bought a jumbo pak of? I had no idea until I opened it up that it was to wipe something other than my countertop. I've not taken the TP back but I won't use it, since I stick with a TP brand that fully dissolves and does not plug up my septic line.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic, which is already in progress:
Regarding the split sheets...I like not having to use a full sheet when I don't need it. But I've never looked at the per-in² price to see if the added cost of perforating half sheets offsets the savings from just buying full-sheet brands.

Sometimes I think I'm a reincarnated Depression Era kid.
 
Back
Top