Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Cooler but I can't speak for anyone else. :D

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Day 5. :confused: Giant tree was still across the road this morning but it was reported that Centerpoint Energy trucks are in the area so that's a ray of hope. We haven't had it too bad since we got the generator, but that thing sucks down the gasoline. It's supposed to have an oil change at 100 hours which won't be long now.

I've spent most of the day cleaning out Aerogardens, since the pumps haven't run in several days. Lots of icky stagnant water in those tanks. Since I was planning to terminate all of them so we can go on a road trip this kind of worked out OK. It's a lot of work to disassemble and clean them, though.

We will probably use one of our gift cards and pick up Outback or Olive Garden for dinner.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Years ago I was cleaning out my fridge and noticed that the compressor was not kicking on. I was freaking out. My neighbor was an HVAC guy and he loaned me a schematic of it. I had my meter out and was checking out the circuitry as best I could, and it kicked on. Defrost cycle. :rolleyes:

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OMG, hallelujah!! We have power! It came back on about 3:30 p.m. and we have been busy shutting stuff down to take the load off the generator, rolling up extension cords, putting stuff back where it belongs. Cleaned storm junk out of the pool and got it shocked. We will leave the generator outside overnight to let it cool completely and then we'll need to re-arrange a bunch of garage junk to find a place to store it in the garage. Thankfully we are familiar with gasoline generators since we had one in the RV for 12 years so we will get some stabilizer for the gas tank and a cover for it. Hopefully it will be a long time before we need it again!

Tomorrow I'm going to clean out the garage refrigerator and toss a lot of stuff. It has needed cleaning for a while. Also need to remove the window unit a/c from the den and put it back on the shelf in the garage.

We were pooped so decided to pick up some greasy stuff for supper from Sonic. I had a country fried steak sandwich, fries, and a soft-serve ice cream... heavenly!! I could feel my arteries slamming shut but it was worth it. :D The better half had a jalapeno double cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate malt. Sometimes junk food just hits the spot.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And now you are a Prepper! I hope you still have your generator in the morning if you leave it out all night.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It's inside the (6' wood) fence and weighs 200 pounds, so someone would have to be pretty determined to get it.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK, I have had the stereotactic biopsy and I must say, I do not recommend them. :( I am home with total wrap-around bandage on my chest and can't take it off for 24 hours. Have to put ice on the wound 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for 24 hours, except when sleeping. Radiologist said the results should be in by Friday or possibly Monday.

To top off a great day, we got home and the $#&(@!! power is OFF AGAIN OMG. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

oh my Beth, deep breaths and try to relax. Hoping all turns out well on the biopsy.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sorry your life has become so tough @Beth Gallagher. I hope things get better.

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't believe your power problems are back, especially after a hard medical day.
    Hoping the biopsy is negative, and your power is back on soon.
    Have to pull out the generator again??
    The timing of the power outage couldn't be worse, so sorry.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Tony. The power has gone off/on several times. I'm concerned that our major appliances may not be able to survive this so we unplugged them. We won't pull out the generator unless the power stays off for more than a few hours.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Just got this notification from MD Anderson...

upload_2024-5-23_13-21-10.png

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yay for Patient Portal good news!!!

You may now exit the roller coaster.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks. I was strangely calm during and after this last biopsy. Somehow I knew it wasn't anything, just like I knew that I did have cancer the first time. I'm thinking of consulting with a surgeon to have a prophylactic mastectomy, though.

John Brunner likes this.