Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ike Willis, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

474xNxBob_Hope_6_Brothers.jpg.pagespeed.ic.we_siNoUmN.jpg ______________

C'mon Bob…you've never had to wait in line at women's public restrooms

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Yvonne Smith and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Registered

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

In the issue of waiting, I have noticed some people during seminars and workshop. When the instructor would announce that a break is to follow after the last question, a participant would ask a pregnant question that would require a kilometric explanation. It's always like that during seminars so I wonder if it is man's nature to catch up with deadlines. In some seminars, the lecturer often run out of questions to answer so he would be asking the forum for more questions and no hand was raised. Tsk, tsk, it's really annoying when the last question is declared and I would see many hands raised.

Lara Moss and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Man is not the only one waiting.
    Thanks to deforestation, man's best friends wait.
    Now that's what I call a "Pet" Peeve" !!

dogs-waiting-line-to-pee-on-tree.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate it when I am checking out, and the cashier asks, "Will that be all"? Andy Rooney, told of the time this happened to him, and when she gave him his change, he asked her, "Will that be all"? You have to pay in cash, for this to work.;)

Von Jones and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

True Story. Solicitors.

Errrrgh. I was even getting solicitors after dark. Eight o'clock at night even.

So my daughter bought me a "NO SOLICITORS" sign. I was so excited and showered her with gratitude.

Next day the doorbell rings (sign is posted right above the doorbell). I answer the door because I figure it can't possibly be a solicitor. This young man, I'm guessing 20, starts his sales pitch. I say, "Didn't you see my NO SOLICITORS" sign???... "No"….I point at it saying "It's right above the doorbell. right here". He says, "I don't know what "SOLICITOR" means. I give him the definition. He says, "Oh. Well, wish me luck on my trip". I guess he gets a free trip if he sells enough.

Next day. The doorbell rings. I don't recognize the man so I don't answer the door.
    2nd day. Doorbell rings. It's the same man. I don't answer.
    3rd day. It's the same man.

So, I open the door and say, "Don't you see this "NO SOLICITORS" sign??? "Oh, I'm not a solicitor. I'm with AT&T and you are already our customer". To make a long story short, I now pay more each month for upgrading to "Fiber Optics" internet/tv he sold me which does NOT make my internet any faster and they completely dug up and installed fiber optic cable in my front yard with an unsightly box for the whole neighborhood to connect into. They never forewarned me that they would do that. Everytime a neighbor wants fiber optic internet AT&T buries their cable across my front yard to the box. They've left deep tractor tire marks in my lawn too. It's a nightmare.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Ruby Begonia and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I knew a guy, who always referred to them as "optic fibers".:rolleyes:

9. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't decided who to complain to yet. I'll call Trump. He'll either make them fix it to be better and greater than anyone has ever seen or he'll call them ugly and humiliate them with insults lol

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My Pet Peeves, hummmmmm, let me think:
    People who don't use their turn signals while driving.
    Slow drivers on the freeways or streets.
    Age discrimination towards older people dealing with employment.
    Internet websites that aren't kept up......wrong info and/or pricing.
    My SIL who brags about how long her marriage has been, but clearly doesn't get along with her husband and has taken off her wedding set.
    I could probably think of more, but that's enough. LOL

11. Ike Willis

Registered

One of my top pet peeves is that TV commercial for disability or mobility scooters, where some guy tells us if we qualify we could get a scooter for little or no cost to us. I lost count of all the total strangers who ask me rude questions like, "How much did that cost the taxpayers"? Or, "that looks like an old one. When they gonna buy you a new one"?
    Well, I qualified for a 'free' one, but I'm picky and wanted a certain one. So, I bought it myself, and that was 7 years ago. I have nothing against those who get the free ones. Many desperately need one and they are pricy. I just resent strangers getting so personal.:mad:

12. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Talk about rude questions...One day I was looking and feeling at the top of my game and then my coworker said, "Are you okay? You look tired".

But she never liked me after I asked her, "Why are you wearing a real fur coat? I thought you were an animal activist." Oops, stuck my foot in my mouth, but I wasn't thinking of that. I was only thinking of all the time she spent at work on the computer looking at abused animals, animals for adoption, and taking things from work to donate to the animal shelter (like mission bound blankets and towels…we worked at a hospital).

13. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I ride the bus and often wonder why people are waiting for the bus have not pulled their money out ready to board the bus. They get on the bus and start to pull out their money while the driver is waiting for them to pay and sit down so the bus can move on.

14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Folding Bottom Sheets…grrr

10610764_1029817327035838_4526398537385875212_n.jpg

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:My pet peeves are many, but here goes:
    I just dislike it when I can't go fast on the computer, it drives me up the wall!! I dislike it when I have to wait at a restaurant in line for a table. I'm hungry, I'm all dressed up and ready to eat and we have to wait for a table. I like to just go in and sit down and order my meal without waiting. I dislike it when stores have sale and they sell out on the first day when the sale last for a week! This is soooo disappointing and very aggravating and now I got to stand in line for a rain check! But what can you do with these pet peeves! :confused: