Old Men Pinching Under Age Girls On The Butt

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Faye Fox, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I went into a fast food joint to get coffee. I saw an old guy sitting with a group of old guys, get up and as he passed a teenage girl cleaning a table, reached out and pinched her on the inside of her thigh near her personal business. She just flinched and kept cleaning. I went over and asked her if she would report it to the manager as I would gladly be a witness for her. She said it happens all the time and first time it happened, her manager told her it was part of working in the place and just what these retired wealthy guys do, so do your job or find another one. Well that got my feathers ruffled and I talked to the manager and SHE said for me to mind my own business. Do you think such conduct is a sexual assault? Or just what old rich guys do and no harm no foul?

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you make this up? Seems hard to believe somehow. Why should the manager treat you, a customer, so disrespectfully? Where (what city, etc.) did this happen? Recently? How wealthy are these guys? Sounds made up, sorry.

-Anyway-

In the seventies, I spent a lot of time in Italy, where such touching was considered a natural part of the culture. I was standing, waiting for the ability to cross a street, when I felt a pinch, or caress, of my rear. I turned around, saw No One, but then looked Down, as the guy was so short, and there was this little old man grinning up at me. I had to laugh, it was so absurd.

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't believe that manager's response, particularly in the current climate. I suppose the girl needs the job so I'd say as long as she's not willing to pursue it, then MYOB. Disgusting, however.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with the manager.

5. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Of course you do! If she even exists, that is.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Registered

Surely, you are not doubting the veracity of the story...… are you? :eek:

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Did you even bother to read my reply? Post #2, to refresh your memory.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  8. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

My daughter is a server at a nice restaurant with a bar. She used to work at the NBA restaurant at Universal. She is totally used to these sort of 'incidences' . She sweetly whispers to those guys that the 'touch' or 'brushing against' will require additional tipping. The girl makes some serious weekend tips. But, she is a very confident person.

For a more demure waitress, it's hard to imagine a manager overlooking a customer doing this if she did not want the attention. It would be grounds for a lawsuit against the business by her feeling she has to take customer physical abuse to keep her job.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No one has directly answered the question. Do you consider old guys pinching or grabbing UNDER AGE girls on the bottom a sexual assault? @Bess Barber this was at a large worldwide chain fast food place, so no tipping and a place that pays minimum wage and usually a girl or boys first job. I feel these old --- ----- are getting their jollies and don't care how it affects these girls. They know they will get away with it, so why not. I wish I had been closer to her, I would have tripped the old jerk. Maybe "accidentally" stepped on his hand. No it wasn't my business, but I didn't feel right acting like it didn't happen.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No; it is not a sexual assault. It's just an invasion of personal space by a creepy old loser who probably doesn't have the ability to be a threat otherwise.

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I read the title of this thread and almost moved it the political section, thinking it was about Biden.

Now that I see what it's actually about though, it's hard for me to imagine someone doing that. Although I am sure there are probably people who do, I can't imagine why anyone would put up with it. Any manager who told an employee that she had to put up with it would be in a world of hurt, I'd think. Whatever age we're talking about, it's an assault. If he's only doing it to the girls, then I imagine it's a sexual assault. I'd be looking more toward the manager, though. Both the manager and the restaurant would be liable.

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

Faye Fox and Bess Barber like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In my entire career in hospitality, if I ever got a complaint from one of my wait staff, cooks, bartenders etc that they have been mishandled by a guest, the perpetrator of said offense would have and has found themselves on the street with a quickness. Even if I get no complaint but I see it, the guest has a problem....with me. And ...if it’s the employee’s fault that a guy is overly aggressive.....she’s out too.
    So far as the underage thing goes, she lives by the same rules as the older ladies do.
    One could say that I’m an equal opportunity employer. I do NOT take the opportunity my position might accord as their boss to mess with my employees and the guests do not take their opportunity as a big tipper to mess with them either.

Note: My goodness, even in the strip bars in New Orleans, if a guy touches a girl in any way without her direct permission, he’s gonna get hurt.

That said, I am NOT one of the people who insists that a mere touch on the shoulder, pat on the back or a compliment to a female constitutes sexual abuse. There’s a difference in a friendly touch versus one of sexual aggression and it’s easy to tell which is which.

Al Amoling, Faye Fox and Bess Barber like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken! I consider it a sexual assault and so does the state it occurred in. I was just in this state and city for a medical appointment. Had I lived near there, I would have gone there every morning and videoed these guys and taken it to the district attorney. I rarely go to fast food joints and a couple young ladies I know (that had their first job in fast food) tell me that it is common place.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Call the corporate office and report the manager.