My Turmeric

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found a new way to have turmeric this morning, and it is what am am having for breakfast. It is a protein shake with turmeric in it. It sounds a little strange, but tastes really good (to me, at least).
    Here is the recipe for making it, and I added pineapple to mine.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a fan of Tumeric and love the flavor. Curries contain tumeric and I have lots of curry on a regular basis.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Here is a short video from Dr. Mandell, and he talks about how to make a turmeric drink with warm milk (or plant milk) at bedtime. I have gotten away from using the turmeric, but I am going to try adding some of this tonight and see if I think that it is helping me. It looks like there are actually quite a few health benefits.
    I have some chai coffee Teeccino, and I drink that with milk added, so tonight I will also add a spoon of turmeric and see if it is drinkable.

Edit to add: Actually, I was too curious to wait until tonight, so I made a cup of the chai and added almost a teaspoon of the turmeric. It gives it a nice little kick; so I think that i will be okay with this.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

for absorption you need to take it with a meal that has peeper. Look it up if you doubt me. I will quit taking it because after a few years it is a waste of money. I read India has a very low number of people with dementia so I started taking it. I use Qunol Extra Strength and the daily dose is three 1,500 mgs.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yes, I had already read that it does better with pepper, (it is also in the video) and I use a lot of pepper on my food, but I didn’t add any to my turmeric nighttime drink.
    I will get brave enough to add a little sprinkle pretty soon, but right now I am still getting used to having the turmeric flavor in my bedtime herbal coffee.

Please explain why it is a waste of money ? You mention about it helping to stave off dementia, so are you saying that you got dementia anyway or what ? I am trying to make sense out of your statement
    If it helps stop the amyloid plaques that cause dementia, why would you stop taking it as long as it is working ?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I've not added it to my regime because it thins your blood. I stopped taking Krill Oil for the same reason. I have no idea why I'm concerned that I might be whisked away for emergency surgery without sufficient warning to let these things work their way out of my system. And I don't take any script blood thinners (which might make me think twice before taking turmeric.)

For the curious, turmeric root looks a lot like ginger root:

[​IMG]

I'm on the lookout for the root to add to my ginger tea, thinking that I won't be supplementing large quantities if I brew it that way.