My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just placed an order for more prebiotics and supplements. I also ordered some collagen, but I'm thinking I want a bone density test before I start taking it.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

RODENT BUCKET TRAP.jpeg After rats damaged the wiring on my sister's car & started to build a nest on the engine of my car, I purchased bsome bucket-type traps to put in front of the car & one in my basement. A day later, a huge rat the size of a newborn kitten was in the bucket & two more rats in the basement trap.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

No, never crossed my mind. As a matter of fact your information about foxes and coyotes helped me in deciding, John B. Plus after reading the reviews on @Don Alaska's link, I was sold. Then my DIL told me she saw a coyote. :eek:. I said seriously, 'I hope it's not mating season.' From the look on her face she didn't have clue of what I was talking about. :D

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I just read up on collagen. There was a list of best food sources for it a few being beef, pork, or chicken bone broth, sardines, and skin-on chicken.

I had a bone density test done. I was thoroughly not happy with the report. The result was good but the report included the probability of me falling and breaking my hip in 10 years. What a way to put fear in a person. I know that it's always a possibility that it could happen without the confirmation with the expectant time given. I said to myself 'Just wait until my next doctor's appointment. I'm going to speak my mind about this test and don't ask me to take another.' smh

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Don't live in fear @Von Jones but be careful, especially in winter with ice. I can't remember all the bone density factors, but I know some women who do use a lot of bone broth, and some even chew on the cartilage of the bone joints in chicken and beef. Vitamin C is necessary to produce your own collagen, so it doesn't hurt to take a C supplement as well. Remove any trip hazards around the house, such as loose rugs and such.

I hope the coyote pee does the job on your raccoons:)

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska, I'm not.

I felt that probability section was really unnecessary for any patient, not expecting to read something like that. That's something I would expect a doctor to discuss with the patient in person not read on a piece of paper delivered in the mail. It was calculating and cold. There are probably many people who don't thoroughly read a report like me because I'm a 'I - want - to - know.' person.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno why you might be embarrassed Beth.

I mean, there’s no doubt that it comes with directions you don’t have to read even thought there is some assembly required, it has shiny parts and has buttons to push!
    Heck, if it has enough buttons to push and the deal was good enough, ya should have bought 2 !

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

...but that built-in frother, tho!!! :D

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

WOW ! The frothing stem is shiny, ya gotta push a button AND it makes a gurgling, swishy kind of noise !
    For that one detail alone, I’d invite the neighbors in to watch me work it !!

Dunno. That machine sounds more like a guys domain.

10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I bought a bottle of super magnesium ( Aussie made) for DH cause he’s got like a restless leg syndrome his feet move not stop while sitting relaxing watching TV and when he gets to bed his legs start doing the same thing , he’s had a sleep study done but the dr didn’t really come up with solution .

I take these when needed ( about once or twice a week ) if my BP is up from me doing to much as I call it …if I get tired from say walking a dog / cleaning on my feet way to long for a 78 year old ( my watch said I stood for 10 hours yesterday) and it’s correct ….i was busy shopping and walking heaps because of shopping in ….Adelaide …..so my BP was sky high last night and it’s 123/ 60 this morning ….not swearing it’s the magnesium but it most certainly helps drop my BP

So anyway I got a bottle for DH 120 tablets ..for $22 ..normally around the $38….$40+ mark for this brand
    so let’s hope it helps him….or he’s getting sent to the spare bedroom ……. Not just for a night or two but ……..PERMANENTLY
    So I can get a decent nights sleep

IMG_6600.jpeg

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Purchased from eBay a mod.# 1Mii B03Pro Bluetooth transmitter/receiver. I plan on using it to hook up to my Sony CD jukebox so I can transmit wireless using Bluetooth to my TV sound bar, which I haven't purchased yet.
    This box is supposed to have chip technology allowing for hi fidelity transmission.

s-l400.jpg

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While I shall always be a vinyl/analog guy, digital sound is pretty miraculous. I watched a review of a wireless telephone headset, and the noise cancellation of the guy's television and his kids was miraculous.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I have about 1000 Vinyl albums, I have been researching bluetooth turntables along with a bluetooth soundbar. Looking forward to setting this up.

14. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just a FYI: Don't waste your money on this. It's a clever design but (after trapping two rats,) they have outsmarted it & know how to get the bait without falling into the bucket. The bait was on the inside of the lid. The rat chewed through the cover. Here is the result from yesterday:
    RAT OUTSMARTS TRAP.JPG

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I
    It would work on mice