My Cowboy Heroes

Randolph Scott Profile
randolph-scott-s-last-western-gave-us-a-masterful-look-at-justice-and-redemption-ride-the-high-country-1962.jpg



"Our Star of the Month, the formidable Randolph Scott, comes from a far different background than you'd ever suspect based on all the cowpokes, ranch hands, western sheriffs and gunfighters he played in his 100-film career. He was born into the silver-spoon set, in Virginia, was privately schooled there, graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in textile engineering and manufacturing. Following college, he toured Europe for a full year as many young scions from prominent families did in the early 1920s. But everything changed when the acting bug bit." READ MORE
 
I have always been a big fan of Western / Cowboy movies and TV shows. It must run in my family, I had an uncle that all he watched was Western shows, especially the old black and white movies. I have a cousin that has decorated his basement in cowboy movie theme, is loaded with movie posters replicas of movie memorabilia, a wall filled of Western DVDs.

I have a long list of Western / Cowboy movies I enjoy. One of my favorites is Shane starring Alan Ladd.

1791123225444.jpeg

It was listed as number 45 in the 2007 edition of AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies list, and number three on AFI's 10 Top 10 in the Western category.
 
I keep trying to think of the movie where two women were trying to bring a Hereford bull to the wilds of Montana? to prove it could survive and improve the beef cattle in the west. I love that movie and sometimes I can remember the name.
 
I keep trying to think of the movie where two women were trying to bring a Hereford bull to the wilds of Montana? to prove it could survive and improve the beef cattle in the west. I love that movie and sometimes I can remember the name.
Let Me Google That For You. :D

The movie you are thinking of is The Rare Breed (1966). [1]

While you remembered the setting as Montana, the journey in the film actually takes the characters to Texas. The story follows a headstrong English widow, Martha Price (Maureen O'Hara), and her daughter, Hilary (Juliet Mills), who travel to America to fulfill her late husband's dream. They bring along a prized, hornless Hereford bull named Vindicator to prove the breed can survive the harsh frontier elements and successfully crossbreed with the local Texas Longhorns to improve the quality of the beef. Along the way, they enlist the help of a cynical, reluctant cowboy named Sam "Bulldog" Burnett, played by James Stewart
 
Let Me Google That For You. :D

The movie you are thinking of is The Rare Breed (1966). [1]

While you remembered the setting as Montana, the journey in the film actually takes the characters to Texas. The story follows a headstrong English widow, Martha Price (Maureen O'Hara), and her daughter, Hilary (Juliet Mills), who travel to America to fulfill her late husband's dream. They bring along a prized, hornless Hereford bull named Vindicator to prove the breed can survive the harsh frontier elements and successfully crossbreed with the local Texas Longhorns to improve the quality of the beef. Along the way, they enlist the help of a cynical, reluctant cowboy named Sam "Bulldog" Burnett, played by James Stewart
Still loved that movie.
They have horse deep snow in Texas?
 
Back
Top