Miscellaneous Bantering

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Hal Pollner, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry but I believe this belongs under a gardening listing.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

"Mary Stetler,
    ''Bullying is a problem the other person has, not you. '"""

Indeed...but it doesn't mean you don't suffer what the other person says / does to you. Trust me, my entire HS years (5 in my other country) y had to put up with being named the ugliest and moist ignorant girl in town / world by a group of classmates. Sure, they were junk but I shed the tears.

Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Or a farm critter thread.

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Hee Hee @Ken Anderson ya no I’m a Aussie …cause I told ya so , ….so I must have snuck in when ya was sleeping
    Anyway I’m leaving on a long trip ….real soon , escaping some of South Aust cold weather and heading for warmer country for 2 months. …..and it’s the truth …..

And I won’t be posting while away …..simply cause I need a new iPad ( this one isn’t very old but it keeps freezing )

So hooo~ roo ….to all ……till mid July …..Who was it that said I’ll be BACK.

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Busy day. I made myself go out and pick up all the trash that the high winds brought in. At least I didn't get a trampoline or a garbage can this time. I did get a few shingles though and it looks like the neighbors got an umbrella.

And several different versions of it, as well. I sometimes need a translation even when it is American.

Yes, I do realize there's a first time for everything. :rolleyes:

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Registered

Wellll, When you go on' walk about' up north, leaving us here all alone to our own devices:( for MONTHS, I hope you think of us.
    Have a good time. Bring back many stories and pix. We will miss you.
    Ya know, here, there are computers in the public libraries they let you use for free. Anything like that in Ausie land?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thanks when we get to Queensland I know where the apple shop is and it’s not far from where we will be staying looking after 2 cats …so I may take my very annoying iPad with me and take it into them ….its not the first time I’ve mentioned the iPad freezing ( on here) and my DH has a identical iPad and he’s never had issues like me with the freezing ….and while I’m writing the words with highlight blue like I’m doing a copy paste ..grrr …

Yes @Mary Stetler I’m sure public libraries still have computers for public use .
    Now I’m off to pack clothing ….not to get way ..way off topic …but it’s hard to pack clothing when…. your leaving a cold area and your going to be living in a warmish area for some time … ….example ..average winter temps in SA ….8~ 10 c days ….QLD …23~ 28c days

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have a great time, Kate!

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’ve never been banned from a forum or anywhere that I’m aware of either @Vada Bloom

Many on the x forum were banned then something happened and they all returned in droves

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thinking about my annoying/ frustrating iPad ….I'm going to try to make an online appointment today with the tech people at Apple shop in Robina ….(Queensland) as I’ve seen them for tech issues ….in the past ( phone issue ) and I know it’s hard to get face to face appointments in the tech department in store

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Getting an appointment is a great idea, @Kate Ellery !
    I know you have a pretty new version of the ipad, and it should not be freezing up on you like that. Mine was doing that a while back when you first reported having issues with the freezing up, but the next update seemed to fix the typing issue and the freezing up one, too, and mine is 5-6 years old.
    If you have not already done so, it is a good idea to put the Apple Support app on your ipad, and they can maybe walk you through the problem and help you fix it right from your home.
    Once you contact them, they can call you, or whatever is needed, and it is almost as good as being right there in the store with a support person.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  12. Kate Ellery

Registered

Agree 100 % about the Apple support , I’ve already looked up Robina store (in QLD) for tech appointments but they only have
    appointments showing for the next week and we don’t arrive in QLD till May 20th where we are have time out in New South Wales …right on QLD / NSW border
    for 4 days prior to starting the long sit, ….we are leaving for our trip on Monday

Mine is the 10th generation that I purchased in Feb 2023 and I’ve always been impressed by apples after sales service for and tech issues on devices and as your aware we have watches / iPad and phone
    Yes I have the support contact info on my ipad , I’ve rarely had to contact them but when I have it’s been really good support
    @Yvonne Smith

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Registered

Well I’m still home so ya all hav to put up,with me a bit longer …..Our original plans to travel to the warmer parts of Aussie land were thrown into a bit of confusion ….but we have it all sorted now
    One if home owners we were due to take care of cats for …..was hit by a car while crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing ….the car stopped and driver noted his leg was under the wheel …..so she got back in the car and drove off ..didn’t even speak to him despite people yelling at her to get the car off his leg

So I’m still hanging around till early June before we escape to warmer country …..
    They are a great couple they have offered us a weeks accommodation in surfers paradise in their 2 nd home being a unit at a very busy part of QLD …..we’ve never stayed in a high rise apartment this ones on the 18 floor and 30 km from our preferred location ..but hey …ya don’t say no to a great offer when it’s free

image000000.jpeg

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Registered

Well, I'm happy you can stay and banter a bit longer.
    Get the car off his leg!:eek: Horrifying!
    Wish him well for me.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Kate Ellery

Registered

We will @Mary Stetler we have never met this couple but they seem very nice and he and his hubby didn’t have to offer us any alternative accommodation at all

We’ve arranged to meet them for coffee before staying at their apartment here, it won’t be till the first week of July
    As we’ve made other arrangements leading up to our trip to the area of QLD where we’ve never been before

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    Mary Stetler likes this.