Media Manipulation

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

From all I've seen, it was changing by the 1950's.... turning people away from thinking on their own, from testing what they were told... and making them scared to tell the truth, or even to listen to truth.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'd agree with this. Once people get an emotional attachment to their beliefs or to their favorite talking head, they are not gonna want to let go of them. Another layer to all this is that people hate conflict. That's the keystone to submitting to masks...people won't refuse because they don't want to be engaged in conflict, and they will be against anyone who does not submit because the non-compliant are creating conflict around them. "Everybody's doing it"used to be the universal excuse of adolescents. I guess it still is, it's just that the number of adults is dwindling.

I'd also add that we have been told that we need to rely on experts for everything. Heck, we even have "Life Coaches." Somehow we've turned the corner where common sense is spat upon, and many people bow down to "experts." If you get to appoint the experts, then you pretty much control everything.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I still like the information in the Milgram Experiment where told by authority [experts] people would do thing against their personal beliefs and conscience

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And worse, today people get furious ,
    while they "believe" the social/ government/ medical fake news - yes they believe it, and
    think they are doing 'good' when they rail/ argue/ rant/ take action against the innocent who do not fall in step with the new order.
    Sadly, it may not even be "against" their conscience any more, having beed deadened, seared, beyond use....

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My doctor believes that far more has been made of the virus than the facts warrant, yet she can't speak out openly about it because the believers strongly believe what they are told, and she has to require masks because the governor has ordered it. Before then, but well after the Wuhan Coronavirus had hit the news, she was not requiring masks. It is not surprising that the believers believe because, as has been pointed out, it is reinforced constantly through the fake news, which broadcasts a constant drumbeat from the agenda folks, while firmly avoiding any dissenting opinions. At the same time, the largest social media platforms only permit one opinion to given voice to.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To me, Kudo’s to those who would seek knowledge and the fruit bearing truths that are contained within that knowledge. When knowledge must take a back seat to the politically correct then the fruit that is produced is as poison to the mind.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    So when people start getting violent then they are half way through.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I see huge tax increases on private property and high cost of living coming soon.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Actually the news has been a ally of the radicals for years.
    I remember how everyone loved Edward Murrow the " Good Night and Good Luck " guy. He was a product of the fake 1950s news so its nothing new.We were warned of the communist takeover by MaCarthy but instead we listened to the the entertiners in the news like Murrow.
    They called Jor MCCarthy antisemitic which of course he wasn't like they call Trump or anyone else who tells the truth 'racist'.
    Joe ended up humiliated,drunk and alone died of alcoholism.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Nothing new under the sun, fake news is not news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/edward...-fake-news-battle-revealed-in-wwii-bbc-memos/

London — It was October 1940, Europe was being overrun by the Nazis, and Britain stood alone against a relentless German bombing campaign. Reporting it all over the radio waves to the American public, from his office across from the BBC, was legendary CBS News correspondent Edward R Murrow.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Now Fox News is going along with the others. Fox wouldn't even speak of the huge Trump Rally past few weeks.
    Only conservative broadcasters are Right Side ,Sky News, Newsmax,a couple others reported the Trump Rally.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well, the broadcasters of fake news say that it’s the truth so it must be the truth!!
    Like one of my uncles used to say after telling a fanciful story, “if ya don’t believe me just ask me if it’s the truth”.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Believe it or not, “Sky News” out of Australia does a pretty good job with American politics.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I noticed that too. Sometimes one of the better ones far as fair goes.