Old age reaches all of us if we live long enough.
My song when ashes are scattered"All we are is dust in the wind."
But we can do our best to hold it at bay. At least for a while.Old age reaches all of us if we live long enough.
Same. Seems like I just woke up one morning and was suddenly an old person.Old age didn't creep up on me.![]()
I was OK until I looked in the mirror with MY GLASSES ON!Same. Seems like I just woke up one morning and was suddenly an old person.
You are never imposing on people who care!I was OK until I looked in the mirror with MY GLASSES ON!
I need to replace a ceiling fixture. It fights both wall switches. Over the years I have put in huge hanging fixtures on landings to small one bulb fixtures. Today I am trembling trying to figure out if I can climb on a ladder to do this simple one in the laundry room. Not only that but I have to go into the basement to shut off power. Both are harder with one leg and one arm objecting. Hubby can't do it and I hate to impose on people. My mechanic could do it at a price but he is finally building his business by word of mouth and is busy.
Maybe I am getting old?
Change mirrors!Looking at the mirror- who the hell is that? Where is that red hair, all I see is salt ,pepper fuzz and my scalp!
The green eyes are not as bright, the jaw line sags,the chest is sprinkled with odd looking little bumps.
My hearing is fine, with my hearing aid.
The weight of the boobs after all these years are sad,and I wonder - will I have to pick them up to walk soon?
I can no longer fiddle with me middle. I am all middle.
My legs ache and I struggle at times to walk from room to room. My feet tingle on the bottom and have for years, My good massager sometimes takes care of these things.
With my trusty cane I stubble from the bathroom and think - It is okay, you have served your time well,everything is gonna be just fine, turn out the lights, your party is almost over.
Dang it, then I wake me up and now I gotta go through another day![]()
Old age dropped on me from a great height when I was 59 and my life as I knew it changed forever due to illness.
Last year I suffered so much pain that I prayed to die in my sleep.
I know there's an afterlife because I have had so many experiences with spirit I could write a book.
So I'm not afraid of dying at all.
But I absolutely dread the pain that I know I will suffer prior to my death.
For everything we take to help an aliment another forms in various ways, often even worse.