If You Could Own And Drive A Vehicle, That Was Made In The Year You Were Born, What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Joe Riley, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I suppose a Dodge C-Series pickup truck...

upload_2024-2-13_14-29-3.jpeg

Or a Chrysler New Yorker. My dad had one of these...

upload_2024-2-13_14-28-39.png

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't believe it would be on the year of my birth. Papa had a 1955 Chevy car in cherry red with material seats in the same colour. My first driving forays were on that car. Papa was concierge at our latest flat building.

It meant that he was in charge of clearing maintenance of tenants parking. Therefore, I reversed or drived forward the cars in and out. That was fun... Going to Dairy Queen in the evenings, I'd be sitting on Papa's lap, he controlled the pedals, I controlled the wheel and signals. Nice big Chevy!

The second vehicle I knew and wished I had one someday was a Biscayne and belonged to my maternal grandfather. Cherry Red and White, white leather interior AND those huge gorgeous wings. When he passed away in the summer of 69, the car was sold at auction.

Regrets, yes! The one time in my life where I'd wished I'd been 18 and owning a driver's license lol. That car would have been mine... No idea of the vehicle's year. Sorry!

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Man, Dairy Queen brings back memories. The nearest one to me these days is almost 100 miles away.

Caitlin D Burnside likes this.
  4. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

LOL great remark @John Brunner . Sad that your closest one is a 100 miles away as DQ was the bomb of ice cream treats back then. I believe it's still is from reviews read onsite online.

Mine is overseas. Haven't checked the distance but assuming it's a lot ehehe...

https://www.dairyqueen.com/en-us/

For nostalgia sake... My favourite was the banana split, but the last one I had in the 80s wasn't done right due to the fact that the employees didn't understand English... Manager tried to fix the problem but the magic was gone. All I know it was husband and I last time and the shop closed shortly afterwards...go figure!

5. Don Roles

Don Roles Well-Known Member
    Registered

First produced just a couple of years after my birth the Austin A40 was my all time favorite car which I had to leave behind in England when I left for Canada in 69, oh how I wish I had it now. The one I owned was the A49 Somerset like the one pictured below.
    upload_2024-2-16_10-9-51.png

6. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don’t think I would want a car the year I was born in (1955 for inquiring minds:D), but I rather have a 68 or 69 Camaro SS. Cool car!:cool:

255_p5_l-2625792096.jpg