Hate Trump - Love Trump - Don't Hate Trump

I give up on this thread. Que Sera Sera. No matter what ever us contributors think of the present administration, (good or bad) we have no control of it. Hopefully, whatever someone's political outlook is, they will get to the polls in November and vote with their conscience and not their party. These senators and representatives are to be representing us their constituents, not the administration, so get to know your representatives and what they stand for, not who they stand for.
I think the vitriol would diminish if we'd recognize that nothing we say here is going to make a difference, anyhow. Then we can just talk about what we think, and why.
 
Good morning to all-

"I question the general use of the word "conservative" to identify a wide group of people."

Ken- I totally agree with your statement. I would add that it is also questionable to label people as "liberal".

For example, I am personally the most conservative person you are likely to ever meet. I live quietly, I don't force myself on anyone else, I don't attack anyone for their opinions or way of life- I tell the truth as I see it, I am married to the same lady for over fifty years, I pay my taxes, and I owe no man for anything. I share what I grow and raise with neighbors, and I spent my life in the public schools helping kids become better people. That's a pretty conservative life, I'd say.

Politically, I can't under any conditions be identified as "conservative" because this term has come to mean, "My Trump, right or wrong!" and I detest the First Felon and his lies and his efforts to harm others. I detest the republican majority in Congress which has handed over so much of their Constitutional duties and powers to the First Felon.

So, labels can mean what anyone wants them to mean, and most the time, labels are not accurate and often downright distortions of truth.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
Also... not all Republicans are Magas. I'm neither but I do follow politics and have noticed some Republicans not wanting to be identified as Magas. I'm conservative in some areas but also agree with some Democrats perspectives on things. I'm more of a centrist or as I'm registered, an Independent. If you identify with being Republican or Democrat, you're put in a box.
 
I give up on this thread. Que Sera Sera. No matter what ever us contributors think of the present administration, (good or bad) we have no control of it. Hopefully, whatever someone's political outlook is, they will get to the polls in November and vote with their conscience and not their party. These senators and representatives are to be representing us their constituents, not the administration, so get to know your representatives and what they stand for, not who they stand for.
We hope.
 
And Clinton was a saint..... " I did not have sex in the White house".
Good morning to all-

You'll NEVER hear me claim Bill Clinton was a saint. I grew up in Arkansas and I am much the same age as Bill Clinton, and like most people who were in Arkansas at that time, I knew who and what Bill was. He had so much potential to do good things. The fact that he could not keep his britches zipped brought great shame and disfavor on anything good he tried to do.

And the efforts here to re-direct the conversation away from the First Felon and onto other- now gone away- politicians, is just a weak effort to excuse the actions and words of the First Felon.

I would hate to be put in the position of defending the First Felon because he is not defendable- if we're being honest, of course.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
Good morning to all-

You'll NEVER hear me claim Bill Clinton was a saint. I grew up in Arkansas and I am much the same age as Bill Clinton, and like most people who were in Arkansas at that time, I knew who and what Bill was. He had so much potential to do good things. The fact that he could not keep his britches zipped brought great shame and disfavor on anything good he tried to do.

And the efforts here to re-direct the conversation away from the First Felon and onto other- now gone away- politicians, is just a weak effort to excuse the actions and words of the First Felon.

I would hate to be put in the position of defending the First Felon because he is not defendable- if we're being honest, of course.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
What was the felony that he is convicted of that is so much worse than any other presidents/ congressmens crimes, convicted or not.
 
What was the felony that he is convicted of that is so much worse than any other presidents/ congressmens crimes, convicted or not.

Good afternoon to all-

The First Felon achieved his conviction on 34 counts of falsifying business records in order to defraud. This has to do with his payments to a porn star to keep her silence about his activities with her.

Bill Clinton was never convicted of any sort of criminal activity. He could have been "convicted" of stupidity.

As far as the activities of other politicians, while crimes have probably been committed, no other sitting politicians are tried and convicted.

you all be safe and keep well- and confusion to the republicans
Ed
 
According to "Jesus and John Wayne: How Evangelicals Corrupted A Faith And Fractured A Nation" by Kristin Kobes Du Mez (2021) Page 267:

"More than economic anxieties, it was threatened loss of status - particularly racial status - that influenced the vote of white evangelicals [in the 2016 election] and whites more generally.

Support for Trump was strongest among those who perceived their status to be most imperiled, those who felt that whites were more discriminated against than blacks, Christians than Muslims, and men than women. In short, support for Trump was strongest among white Christian men."

"It [the election] was decided by dominant groups anxious about their future status. This sense of group threat proved impervious to economic arguments or policy proposals."

It appears that racial, gender, religious anxieties played a big role in getting Trump elected.
 
More from "Jesus and John Wayne: How Evangelicals Corrupted A Faith And Fractured A Nation" by Kristin Kobes Du Mez (2021) Page 271:

"Evangelicals hadn't betrayed their values. Donald Trump was the culmination of their half-century-long pursuit of a militant Christian masculinity. He was the reincarnation of John Wayne, sitting tall in the saddle, a man who wasn't afraid to resort to violence to bring order, who protected those deemed worthy of protection, who wouldn't let political correctness get in the way of saying what had to be said or the norms of democratic society keep him from doing what needed to be done. Unencumbered by traditional christian virtue, he was a hero in the tradition . . . of Mel Gibson's William Wallace."

The desire on part of many conservative evangelicals for the restoration of an authoritarian hierarchal patriarchy is a main theme of this book. The realization of this desire would necessarily result in the destruction of democracy in the United States.
 
Back
Top