@Faye Fox was right again...

I watched the video but not sure what I have posted in the past that I was right about. :cool:

I remember posting on my idea of doing trucks like diesel electric locomotives. No battery, just a generator providing electricity to the electric drive motors on each wheel. That is more efficient than a diesel with a tranny, for pulling a lot of weight. The battery is the big thing that really defeats any advantages of an electric vehicle. It certainly isn't environmental friendly.

My idea of the diesel electric, eliminates any transmission or trans axles, and no battery (except a small one for starting the diesel and other electronics) thus way more efficient. I know several people with both indirect and direct drive hybrids and they love them. One of my neighbors has one and he leases it and trades it in before batteries need replaced or any major maintenance.
 
Back
Top