Everybody Who's Been Banned On Sf, The Ban Has Been Lifted

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross I actually logged back on there but haven't posted. How's it going? It's kind of sad this thread has received so many replied since it's regarding that "other" forum.

Bill Boggs and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not on there much. It doesn't have that friendly feel that it had long ago.

Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's debatable tbf to you CC..because before we were all summarily banned it was a vicious toxic environment by and large...so it wasn't a big deal for me to be banned, I was already a member here and actively posting ..just annoying that the trouble causers were still there..but I decided I didn't want to be anywhere where they were anyway. However you're right, there's something different about the place since we returned. Don't get me wrong I've had many 'welcome back' PM's.. those who were friendly still are...but I think the fact that we've spent all of our time before and since being removed from SF on this and other very friendly forums where being more intimate and smaller , we've come to know each other much better than we could on a larger forum , has made the fact that SF is just a bunch of strangers posting to each other .... more obvious than it was before.. and it seems to have a 'cold' feel to it...unlike SOc, which has a 'warm' feel to it..

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree it feels icy cold to me, plus it's size prevents closeness and intimacy I feel, in saying that there are some friendly people on there, and like Holly I have been welcomed back, but for me it's just too large.....

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Maybe that's it @Holly Saunders.

All I know is it's not the same. Also don't forget I was on as many different people after
    I was banned as CC.

I'm just not feeling it anymore...just don't really even feel like replying to most posts. I did at first but now I'm just not interested.

It could all change ..who knows.

Some new people might join...the dynamics might change.

I think just reading through the politics turns me off.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Holly Saunders and Terry Page like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't take part in the politics, I have however read just a few threads... gotta keep up with Politics that potentially effect the world regardless of what country it is...and especially the views from the man in the street!!.. I'm not a political animal, but even I am astonished at the level of ignorance on those political threads... in fact it's quite terrifying to think these are voters...

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't want to bad mouth SF totally because the people Ive interacted with on there have all been nice, got some nice reps and pms, etc.

Ive even talked with SeaBreeze in a PM and she was really nice and I know she hated me with a passion at the time I was banned.

Ive also been busier than usual with dr appts and tests, etc and now at my daughter's that I don't have the time to devote to two forums.

Most of the fun topics on SF involve looking for images like the cartoons, greetings etc.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I looked at the political threads, and they really can't be defined as any kind of discussion (in my opinion). Basically, it is sensible people trying to reason with a bunch of people with a mob mentality , and that never works any better than trying to talk sense to a mad grizzly bear.
    So, for the most part, I am leaving them to battle it out, but working on keeping the politics out of the normal topics, where it does not belong.

I do like that they have private groups, and I can talk about conspiracies, and it not affect the people who don't wear tinfoil hats. It is a good thing both for the people who want to read them, and also for the ones who don't.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

That's too bad. They certainly get more traffic over there which in a lot of ways I don't get.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

WOW didn't know that. Now I feel left out. What do I have to do to get banned from S-F ?

[​IMG]

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is FUNNY, @Jeff Tracy ! Actually, most of us didn't do anything (except maybe being disliked by the wrong people) and a bunch of us got banned.
    However, they have turned over a new leaf there, and all of us have been "re-patriated" that want to go back.
    This is definitely a lot more homey and comfortable forum, sort of like the difference between living in a small town, and a large city, and we have the very best Admin that any forum could ever have here , and I don't think that anyone would disagree with that.
    Ken made this forum when another seniors forum that most of us belonged to folded (due to the owner), and so he made it just for us so we could still have a senior's forum.

Holly Saunders and Jeff Tracy like this.
  13. Jeff Tracy

Registered

If it wasn't for Chrissy Cross pointing me in this direction I would still be languishing in the depths with the 'Morlocks' on S-F instead of up here with the 'Eloi'
    of S-O .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Jeff Tracy
    Gosh, if only you looked like Yvette Mimieux! I was in love with that girl, beyond a doubt, in spite of the lousy part chosen for her to play as "Weena". I was newly-married when "The Time Machine" came out, we marveled in it's sophisticated new special effects. My wife was splendidly understanding of my roving penchant for female beauty: she had artistic talent in-born, had no problem with prudishness, understood fully at 18 why naked women moved men. History, now. Frank

Bill Boggs likes this.
  15. Jeff Tracy

Registered

Dearest Frank why do men of a certain age always belittle their sensuality. I am sure the weapon still works even if the trigger takes a bit more pulling.
    Personally I am glad my brains are now above waist level and I am no longer in a state of glandular slavery.