Donation

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Jan Ahlmann, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hope people don’t take this wrong as I’m not a “pat myself on the back” kind of person. This just made me so happy! My local police department just got a K9 officer. They have a donation program for him. You can buy t-shirts and stuffed dogs, but I just give money. I did it on my birthday in June, and dropped off another check yesterday. The fun part was I also gave cash with a note that said: For Officer R**. To be used for treats and toys ONLY.” He is a one year old Belgian Malinois, a common police dog breed.

2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I support my local K-9 officers too. Our police station has 4 K-9’s so far. They have helped saved lives and have taken down many perpetrators in our area. Our local police station sells t-shirts and wooden tokens with the dog’s names and picture on them, which I have bought. Donations help with some of the expenses of the dogs. The officers take the dogs to the grade schools, once in a while to educate the kids about the dogs and how they are trained.

3. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good for you two! We have a big field next to our house where our K-9 officer's handler brings him to run once in a while. He is beautiful to watch.

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Andrea Lindsey and Jan Ahlmann like this.