Bringing Up Annie

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Denise Evans, May 8, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Added a new puppy to my one-member-family;) She is 4.5 lbs, and 10 weeks old. Her name is Annie, and we are doing very well together. It is true however, that whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger :p I thought I was getting into exercise before I got Annie, but now, it's tripled my exercise time.

I'll just add some pics of her, just woke up from a nap, our average time of getting up is 4 a.m. but not so bad since she sleeps very well, and my insomnia is gone since being so busy with her during the day.

I think I may have a video or two I can give a link to since I just saved them my Google Drive so far. Hard to be on here very long with her, but first things I did were potty-training and crate-training so I get breaks, thank God:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Annie is just as adorable as she can be, @Denise Evans ! She looks like one of the Designer Breeds ? My Chipper was a Yorkie-Poo, and her face reminds me a lot of Chipper’s face.
    She should be around 6-7 lbs as an adult , maybe…… definitely pretty small. Love the pictures !

3. Denise Evans

Registered

I'd love it if she stays 10 lbs or under, easier to bath etc. She is Havanese, can't find a lot on their origin except Cuba being where the breed came from, and the breed Bishon is mentioned, but nothing on the other (s) She's just Annie to me but one thing about her that seems truly amazing is she doesn't shed, not so far anyway. That means a haircut in Summertime if I get moved inland around Roseburg Oregon. Hot there ;)

Oh, I forgot to tag you @Vada Bloom I know you asked to hear about my puppy :) She was like the ocean for a time, I could not turn my back on her but she is much better now. Plus I totally puppy-proofed my apartment, well, almost totally she finds things to chew on but I've gotten her some excellent chew toys from a brand named Kong.

This is her fave, well, one of lets say, it's my fave as it rolls like a tire and just right for her itty bitty mouth. Sometimes I think the "Land Shark" has come alive they use to talk about on Saturday Night live, back when SNL was funny
    ;) Screenshot 2024-05-08 142501.png

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

I am trying hard to find a harness/leash combo for Annie. We don't have a Petco, or Petsmart here but if I get this apt. I'm first in line for in Grants Pass OR, they have both. I'm sick of purchasing things on amazon. Haven't been able to really shop since I moved her going on 9 years ago. A lot good about living in an out of the way place, but shopping isn't one of them, especially in "new-scum's California" :(

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh my, Annie is the cutest little thing. She will be so much company.

I can imagine how much trouble she can get into but she will be worth every bit of it. Even the work a pet creates is a good thing because it gives us something to focus on. You'll have to share all the cute little things she does as she grows up. I don't have a dog anymore, just two ornery old cats, so I will enjoy seeing Annie. :)

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Annie is precious, Denise!

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

She's a four and a half pound handful but yeah we are bonding big time I'm so attached to her already and she is just amazingly smart and I just can't say enough about her right now it's been a big day for for us and I'll write a little more tomorrow I've got an early appointment and then I'll be back home maybe get a video up I've got one kind of cute video I made showing all the things I had to do to puppy proof my apartment I'll see what I can find thank you girls

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I found one ;) it's just 32 seconds but it was so neat how she fetched at just 8 weeks old. She was with several brother-puppies, and doubt she was trained to do anything, but she just learns real quick, sometimes forgets, but she's a baby and her mind wanders. Geesh, some of that applies to me in my old age, :p:D

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Here we are this a.m. although we've been up since 4:30 :p She's such a snuggle-bunny :) Ordered a nice harness and leash for her so I can get her used to that before we go out for regular walks:

this morning 5_9_24.jpg

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi
    @Beth Gallagher
    She learns pretty fast, and sometimes she'll just sit down and look at me like "so what's next"??

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my, Denise! lf she isn't the cutest thing around. You can get stuff from chewy and Walmart on line, here. You could even take a chance on temu.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Andrea Klasa

Andrea Klasa Member
    Registered

Adorable!

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

So is that YOUR llama in your avatar?

14. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Just look at that sweet look on her face when she bought back her toy to you @Denise Evans
    She’s a sweet little fur kid …..as we call most we take care of ….

The fluff ball we take care of in Canberra has just had her desexing opp yesterday ,( she’s very similar to your sweet little one )
    her owner had it done by a vet college training school at a fraction of the price of getting it preformed by the vets
    Vets quoted her owner $850.00 and it was done by the school for $120.00
    Candy came into season at 5 months old

Candy
    View recent photos.jpeg

Denise Evans and John Brunner like this.
  15. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Her owner sent me this just a while ago

View recent photos.jpeg

Denise Evans likes this.