Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The mouse for my laptop has crapped out and I'm having to relearn touchpads while I wait on Amazon to bring the replacement. :mad: Wow, this is annoying as heck.

2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I prefer a mouse for my laptop too. Touchpads are so “touchy”:p:D

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

H
    Hubby got a wireless mouse for his touch pad laptop. Will wonders never cease?

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have one too for when there is a space to use a mouse.

Mary Stetler and Krystal Shay like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had the worst experience of a message being lost in translation. Now I am expecting to be held in contempt of court for not reporting for Jury Duty tomorrow unless it gets straighten out. The court called me to let me know they haven't received a fax from Johnny's doctor for me to be excused as his caregiver. The clerk said it's not unusual for this to happen and said 2-3 days are given for it to be received. I simply told her 'I'm not going to make a long story short but I will not be there tomorrow.'

The doctor was told that Johnny was to report for jury duty not me. That wasn't the request I made a week ago. I got a call from the VA for 'clarification' today! ??xx????!:mad::mad::mad::mad: This is how I found out the message was lost in translation. There has been a whole week for any clarification to be asked and I heard nothing from the doctor's office. I even checked all my received messages--nothing, so I didn't miss any phone calls.

[​IMG]

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

Yikes!

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I hope it gets straightened out @Von Jones.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Don. If it doesn't I'm thinking about sueing. :rolleyes::D

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Or take Johnny with you to court. That should get the point across.

Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

This is a long one but most of the info is in the first half. The point is that many natural food and supplement companies are being bought out by the big guys who can rearrange the ingredients as they wish. My favorite was Tom's toothpaste w/o flouride.:(

11. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I live SIMPLE and keep what I use to a Minimum, and] phone co had been givimg low income seniors a n internet discount and I think I had it for 2 yrs or so, so now they took it AWAY from us and from being OK with $34 month bill, that bill will be $62 next month and onward....The C/S person at phone company worked to reduce my bill but could not do anything. Heavy taxes too in this BLUE state....Newsome rapes us.... :(:(:(

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I want to grumble.
    For the last several years, Bobby and i have been going to the fitness center and he works out with weights and machines, and i swim. It works perfectly for us. The fitness center is owned by our local hospital, and it is the only one that has both workout areas and a swimming pool, plus it is affiliated with Silver Sneakers, so our member ship is covered by our medicare advantage plan.

Now, we received and email that the hospital is closing the fitness center where we have been going. They have 2 other centers, but both of them are almost 10 miles away from where we live.
    There are other closer fitness centers where Bobby could go and work out, and also closer swimming pools where I could swim, but they are totally different places, so not somewhere we could go together.

We are going to try driving to the fitness center (run by the hospital) that is closest to us, but it is still a long way to drive to get there, and will be all different people than we know from our center, at least for the most part.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That stinks. Do you know why that center is closing? And I assume that there's some notice being given. I wonder what other attendees will be doing.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This fitness center is the one closest to the hospital, and it was probably the first one built and the oldest one, so we are guessing that it might need expensive updating. What they are saying is that the hospital needs the building for more health clinics and stuff like that. I can see that it would be pretty easy to do that where the exercise area was, but they would have to maybe completely fill in where the swimming pool is at. Or maybe not, maybe they can just drain it and put a different floor there.
    In any case, they have to spend money to make it into something different; so perhaps it just was not paying for itself enough to keep it open, and this concerns me that they might also decide to close the other two gyms as well, or maybe sell them to a private company.

Even if they sold them, they would still not be close for us to go there, and it might not work with our silver sneakers, either.

15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

No closure surprises me at this point in our lives...do some driving before the others close...

Mary Stetler likes this.