Youth Crime, Penalties

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Silvia Benoit, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Frank,
    Many years ago...and YES, there is almost impossible no to bump into nurses named Davis.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Atta girl! Pull out that trump card.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm very sorry you think that. You are obviously an educated, intelligent person. Where in the NYC school system did you teach, meaning which borough or neighborhood. Almost everyone I grew up with teaches in NYC, or is a principal or vice p., except me, as my father had the nerve to say "Teaching is a good job for a woman." Well, he could have done better than that!

Hope you don't think my question is too nosy, it's just that if you said I teach in District 30 in Queens (just made that one up) I might say "Oh, you must know so and so."

Peace.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is why judges should be allowed the discretion to make reasonable judgments based on the facts rather than being locked into a mandatory sentencing law.

Bobby Cole and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Faye,

See..." the need to be in" sometimes is so strong that many join a group....regardless of the ideals of said group. They only care to be accepted. That same need (I am sure w/o intention), and to avoid being de-accepted-, pushes them to be as the most aggressive or the most adorable....depending of the intentions of the group's members.

In common language this is known as "claque".

Faye Fox and Lulu Moppet like this.
  6. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Do you think about the victim...his / her family....the possibility of this kid killing again? Has you ever seen a rifle / gun LOOKING AT YOU? A kid who carries a gun (show off) to school has a severe problem that must be attended....starting by removing him from society to avoid him committing another murder.
    Sure, the father must face charges for negligence.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Uh, I believe just a small correction is needed here. Whilst a Clique may be known as a claque if they applaud to a performance but a simple grouping of people with like interests would be called a clique. I believe the [plural and] long version of claque is “claquer(s)” or rather, a clique which claques after the performance.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Silvia Benoit Personally, I find anyone requesting one's credentials when they have never posted their own including a real profile photo, to be ones of bad intention and lacking in any real value to any discussion. You say you are a teacher and they say prove it. It seems like a lack of self-worth or maybe information gatherers that sell your info to an online scam artist or maybe just get their jollies playing devil's advocate and calling people out. At the very least it is bad manners. They need to identify first.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If I am getting the flow properly, @Lulu Moppet lives in N.Y. City and @Silvia Benoit not only lives in N.Y. but taught in N.Y. City.
    Most certainly, if she had said she taught in New Orleans, I would also ask where not for proof of her credentials but maybe we bumped into each other along the way.
    Usernames being what they are, I often PM people in various arenas of discussion if they, for whatever reason seem familiar or are from somewhere I have frequented.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

If you reading with an understanding of what she wrote you will see she used the correct word. She indicated that the people she refers to as Claque can be applauders or hecklers. Clique doesn't apply as it is a group of like interest that may ignore or shut out others. She did not indicate such a group but rather one where posters' sole purpose is to praise or heckle. A clique can have intelligent discourse, but no quality discourse comes from praise or heckling as one's sole purpose for participating.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Respectfully, what do Silva's credentials have doing with this thread? And how are where she lives and taught relevant to the said conversation? Also, these info gathers should PM her if they are that curious. I have reread this thread and it seems to be something that exists on every forum and that is certain ones asking for credentials and info publically hoping to make fools out of the poster because they have no intelligent response. If you want to know others' credentials, start a thread asking what others' credentials are and then give yours. If one doesn't want to tell for whatever reason then they don't have to participate and are not called out publically. Anyone asking on a thread such as this one is out of line and derailing the thread.

Nice spin Bobby, but the wheel did not land on a winning number.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Who the heck are you mad at? You’re right, the thread is about punishment and our young [adults] and didn’t have a thing to do with the last half dozen posts so why throw a whole load of wood on a spark that I do NOT believe Lulu started.

And, so far as asking a teacher’s credentials, in this particular thread it might just be pertinent if it wasn’t for the reason I gave.
    If a teacher is more qualified than I am concerning criminal law, I want to know about it for certainly if said person is indeed involved in teaching law or maybe even teaching child / teen psychology, I would be more than happy to read what that person has to allow simply because I like to learn.
    It lends learned credibility to the thread.

No one is trying to make a fool out of anyone on this forum or any forum I have been on for indeed, a fool is too obvious to miss and doesn’t need to be proofed.

Be nice .....

13. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I was going to say something nasty to @Faye Fox on the subject of her pushing two breasts of her girlfriend into one centered in the middle, then I thought, "nah, you don't have to remind her" but she is right about the following: I do have the bad habit of taking threads off track, not deliberately, but my mind contains similar subjects at the same time. I apologize for that. Also, I didn't want Silvia to have thoughts that I don't respect her, because I do respect her, and then my bad habit of taking stuff off track played in. So, I am expressing regret and beg your forgiveness, but hey, that's me. We all have different personalities and ways of articulating what we're saying. Big deal, right? I know, I know.

So, begging your pardons ma'ams.

Ps. Bobby, you really understand me! Wow, I'm impressed. No kidding. :)

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The whole thread has been confusing to me, from the very first post, which stated that a teenager had beheaded a 6 year old child, with no link to the article or further information about why or how it happened, and just a request that teenagers should be treated like adults, and that the teenager should be put to death.
    How can you discuss something unless you can have all of the information about what really happened and where ? Laws are very different from one country to another in many cases.

When asked to provide a link, it turned out to be one that went to a teenager attacking a 61 year old street person in Scotland, and nothing to do with a 6 year old child, and then we are told by Silvia that she just left out a “1” when she posted a 6 year old child, and she really meant to say a 61 year old child.......HUH ? ?

Your question, @Lulu Moppet , did not seem offensive at all, but the natural thing that someone would ask a person who had lived a long time in the same area as you have also lived a long time, and was indeed an offering of a possible friendship, since you two might have something in common.
    When someone here posts about having horses (which is something I love), it is totally like me to ask what breed of horses that they have, and just because my avatar is not a recent picture of me, does not mean that I have no right to ask that question.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Faye ,

Even my photo is real....