Younger Understanding Older

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

True but I've seen Nicole grow up through Gary....at least the last 10 years. And I'm only talking in generalities on the forum...I wouldn't discuss everything about his granddaughter on here.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

You can said "no thanks" to anything they offer. Right?

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes and I do all the time....but they insist. My daughter is persuasive and she always says I deserve it when she offers.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, then you're a very lucky mother! Basically speaking, they understand you. That sort of thing can be/is very rare to find in family today.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have...told my daughter I really don't need what she's offering. I do have enough income where I'm not counting pennies....believe me.

My daughter is generous and enjoys giving to others...not just me, I know she can afford it and it isn't a drain on her at all.

6. Gary McNeill

Gary McNeill Veteran Member
    Registered

Chrissy has always been a good Mother, Grandmother and
    and all around good person in my opinion.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Gary. I know you are too. :)

Gary McNeill likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, back to the Thread topic!

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What was it? :)

Younger understanding older? We don't even understand our own age group....I see a very wide range of differences in just the members on this forum.

Gary McNeill and Tim Burr like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes there is, but not as much as between the older and the younger. Most older want to sit, relax and talk........not nearly as much with the younger ones. Grandkids can be playing games on the tv or computer that the older (us) aren't interested in or have no idea what they are doing. A lot of young men love football and the tv stays on for that. Not many in the forum are interested in that.

I just happen to be lucky that my wife loves football and knows the game.

Above is what this Thread is about: Them understanding us and what we need also.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think it varies from family to family. I play some of the same games my grandsons do so I can talk to them about it. I still have fun putting together a lego set but I'm past the stage where I like to play with cars with the little ones...maybe because I've done it for so long having 5 grandsons...that bores me quickly...vroom vroom! :) And I'm not as patient as I was 17 years ago with the first grandson.

I'll play cars for an hour tops now with the youngest who is 4. I enjoy all sports that my grandsons partipate in but only care for baseball and just a Cubs fan. All generations shared that win with equal
    Excitement in our family...even though many have moved from Chicago. What I'm trying to say is some things are enjoyed by all but some things aren't and there is nothing strange or wrong with that.

We aren't meant to understand and enjoy everything because different stages in life have different interests and there is nothing wrong with that.

Even people the same age don't have the same interests, how can you expect different generations to?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What about the word "respect" and "communication" A lot of older folks complain about that a lot, when it comes to the younger generation.

Ever been around a dysfunctional family and/or adult kids and grandkids that just plainly don't get along with the parents or grandparents? There are plenty of families like that in America. Some adult kids and grandkids don't even want to be around their parents and grandparents for different reasons.

Your family is the exception, when it comes to respect and communication, compared to many families out there.

Communication and Respect isn't just required by parents to their kids, some grandparents are always complaining about those two things as well.

There are plenty of adult kids and grandkids that say "I just don't get along with my parents (or grandparents."

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I would really like to hear some others on this forum chime in on this topic. Thanks.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's required in our family so I can't comment on others but I have noticed that when their friends come over and visit them and I'm here they always say "hi" and "bye" and thank you if I've given them a ride home, etc

Ok, won't comment any more...

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

They pick friends that are nice and polite.