Woot.com, An Amazon Company

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Is anyone familiar with Woot.com? I shop there occasionally since they are an Amazon storefront. They promote all kinds of crazy sales that are always time/quantity limited. When a product sells out or the time runs out the sale is over. They are similar to the Amazon Warehouse, but they are always having goofy promotions. Some things are sold as "open box" or "refurb", but most are brand new.

One annoying thing is that they don't have a search feature on the website. You just have to scroll and click around to see what's available. They send an email notice each day of featured bargains. Sometimes I use google or another search engine to try to locate specific items I'm shopping for.

Also, if you are a PRIME member, your free shipping applies on Woot! You log on with Amazon credentials and the checkout is exactly the same. So if you're bored sometime you might wander over to the Woot website and check it out. Or not. :D https://www.woot.com/

upload_2024-1-22_11-12-32.png

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

WOW, Beth, I think this is the first time I've ever seen it where nobody replied to your thread and you do some darn good threads.

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, you replied so there's that. :p Plus this isn't exactly a "discussion" topic but more of a PSA.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I looked at it, registered, and still not sure what I signed up for. The avatars are creepy , and I didn’t see any deals that I wanted, but it is definitely something i will be watching because you never know when something perfect at a perfect price will show up.
    Thank you for telling us about this website, @Beth Gallagher , and i also downloaded the app. Unfortunately, it is one of those silly apps that only come up right on a phone and are sideways on my iPad .

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I never downloaded the app; I really have difficulty with websites on a small screen. I get email notifications that there are "great deals in the app!" but I miss those. :D

I think Amazon lets the animals run the zoo on that website; there are a lot of jokes and questionable descriptions, but I get a laugh sometimes. I bought a couple of AeroGardens from Woot at excellent prices.

Here are some things taken from the website...

upload_2024-1-22_16-50-7.png

upload_2024-1-22_16-50-30.png

upload_2024-1-22_16-50-53.png

upload_2024-1-22_16-51-15.png

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Do they have anything for free? :)

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered