Will Trump Run In 2024?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Steven Stanick, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He has learned a lot more about how things operate in D.C. now. He was under constant attack from the moment he got the nomination from all corners, so I suspect there is only so much that even a tough character like Trump can deal with. He was also thinking about a second term. If he gets re-elected, another term would not be an issue, so he would be much freer to act, as are all presidents. News outlets were appraised of other truly "no knock raids" on white collar alleged criminals such as Roger Stone and Paul Manafort. More unprecedented harassment of Trump allies or former allies in ways more reminiscent of Nazi Germany than any other current governments, with no-knock pre-dawn raids on white collar "criminals" who are no physical threats to the attackers. It is simply intimidation of political opponents by the FBI.

2. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Some believe the latest shooting--I think FBI headquarters in Chicago--was a false flag, as the perpetrator escaped, or had from the last reports I heard. If he is caught, he will not be prosecuted, kind of like that instigator on January 6 who led the people into the Capitol, then was captured and released only because he was caught on video. If pictures hadn't been published, he would've gotten away. Those who followed him are still held without bail, but the leader was set free without charges. What can I say?

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I saw some fanciful show a month or so back that had judges and prosecutors who went missing in action. Turns out that some guys led by an old woman were kidnapping them and putting them into a makeshift prison for not doing their jobs or falsifying evidence.

If only…..

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Except that goes both ways. Look at the protestors at the SCOTUS Justices houses. Their action was clearly against the law, but no action was taken as it fit the administration's goals. Not kidnapping, but....

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In accordance with forum rules of no personal attacks (and with trying to keep the thread on topic), I have removed the posts that were personal attacks and nothing to to with the thread topic.
    Please follow Admin suggestion, and try to discuss the topic with consideration for each other.

John Houlihan likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Oops, it was Cincinnati, not Chicago. The guy was armed with an AR-15 but chose to shoot at FBI headquarters there with a nail gun. Does that sound a bit phony?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The more that I see leftists in both political parties triggered by a possible Trump bid for another term, the stronger my belief that this would be the best thing for America.

8. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Reports say, that guy was shot & killed up the road in Wilmington....

9. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Don, I try to read everything that Victor Davis Hanson writes because it is always so well researched. In my opinion, he is a world-class historian who does an incredible job of checking the facts and then using them to discuss what is going on. I check Real-Clear Politics almost every day hoping to find another article by him.

10. John Houlihan

Registered

Interesting coincidence. Real-Clear Politics published an article today by Victor Davis Hanson. Go figure.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. John Houlihan

Registered

Ken, In my opinion, if we get a big enough red wave and the republicans get control of the house and the senate, I think Trump will go for it. However, polls are still close and control of the senate seems uncertain. To get a better handle on the senate outcome, I decided to follow the money. In the past, I have noticed that online betting has been a better predictor than polls. So, I decided to check out BetOnline.com which is one of the leading offshore betting sites. BetOnline shows the following moneylines.

House and Senate.png

Here is what the above means:

Upper left corner: Rep House and Rep Senate has a moneyline of -175. This means a successful bet of $175 wins $100.
    Upper right corner: Rep House and Dem Senate with a moneyline of +230. A successful $100 bet wins $230.
    Lower left corner: Dem House and Dem Senate with a moneyline of +1050. A successful $100 bet wins $1050.
    Lower right corner: Dem House and Rep Senate with a moneyline of +4300. A successful $100 wins $4300.

Bottom line: Based on the current betting, the most likely outcome is that the republicans get the house and the senate. It’s only a week away, but as with any horse race, anything can happen.

12. John Houlihan

Registered

Incidentally, if there is a pent-up and fed-up majority out there, then we will get a huge red wave. That being the case:

Question: On election day, where is the most dangerous place to be standing.
    Answer: Anywhere between a conservative and the voting booth.

13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

The media is playing its usual silly poll games on a daily basis, which serves to confuse a lot of voters. One day, the Republicans are going to topple the House and Senate, Today, the House may gain a few Republicans, but the Democrats will finally rule the Senate. This could spell disaster for the uninitiated voter.

We should go back to the 21 yr. old voting age. Most of these ages have begun paying taxes, which I believe is fair.

Absentee ballots are a necessity for so many valid reasons. But, mail-in ballots are not and court fraud. The voting system is wrong with this new addition, and should be discontinued before it begins.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Not that I am a 'normal' voter but I don't bother joining in polls. I am sick of them. It used to be we were flattered by someone asking our opinions but the calls and emails usually end with a request for a donation. I bet democrats are starting to 'get it' too.

15. John Houlihan

Registered

Mary, I feel the same way about responding to a political poll. I am wondering how many other voters refuse to be polled. It's possible that a huge silent majority will turn out to respond to the only poll that matters, the voting booth. Should be interesting to see the outcome next Tuesday.