Will Trump Run In 2024?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Steven Stanick, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My opinion: I see nothing in her background that qualifies her to be the governor of her state and definitely not the vice president of the US. I don't know enough about her to declare that she is "savvy"; reading the news cast doesn't seem much of a challenge. Just because the Democrats chose Kamala does not mean the Republicans have to choose another dud.

She should declare herself an independent and quit changing parties simply to be on the power team. Her "pitbull attitude" is another strike against her in my opinion. Having Trump back in the national spotlight will be bad enough without another loudmouth as his running mate. Plus, I'm not at all sure he'd want a strong personality candidate as his running mate; seems like he chose Pence as a meek and unassuming "in the background" type of person.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps countries like Sweden and India should come in to supervise our elections. Again I like the quote from a liberal UK journalist who said if the 2020 election were in any country other than the United States, it would have been declared a corrupt election (by the U.S.)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's time for Pence to retire, and that has nothing to do with his age, but that he's burned too many bridges to be a help on anyone's ticket. I'd never heard of Kari Lake until this year, and I don't know that losing a gubernatorial race is the best qualification for serving as vice president.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

She is attractive, and that was Harris' only qualification other than ethnicity, which lake may not have.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I in no way think that Trump has become unelectable. We know that , for the last 6 years, every single thing that Trump has done or said has been ridiculed or denied by the mainstream media, whether online, in print, or on the television.
    If we had not had a rigged election (still going on because they needed way more fake votes than they planned for), probably every candidate that President Trump has been campaigning for would have won easily, and there WOULD have been a huge Red Wave.

Another thing to consider, is that right at this moment, most of the conservatives are angry that we lost races we should have won, and the media is doing its very best to divide up loyalties , even in the MAGA camp. We have lost our focus, don’t know if things will get better, or if it is even going to be worth voting in 2024.

However, if Trump is planning long range , which he is good at, we still have two more years of this economy getting worse, and more people waking up to the fact that our money is being deliberately stolen, while America is being driven into poverty.
    By the next election, people may well be so desperate for a change , that Trump will just keep on gathering more and more support as time goes by.
    While everyone else is saying doom and despair, Trump is the one person who is still saying that we can come back out of this depression and be a healthy country again.
    Unless he announced his candidacy again, he really could not continue to do rallies and raise support from people for the next election; but now he can do that more efficiently.

6. Ken Anderson

I think it's MAGAGA now, because Trump spoke about Making America Great And Glorious Again.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ya know, it’s going to be a year and a half before anyone even picks a VP potential so we’ll see what happens and go from there.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Some have referred to Trump as the first "hybrid" candidate since Grover Cleveland. He can criticize the current Administration and point to how he did it better. The hybrid refers to being both an "incumbent" with a record and a challenger to the current President.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

She [Lake] reminds me of Palin ... sort of in your face, mouthy, good lookin' but amittedly her qualifications are questionable, but so were Palins . So are Harris's ! Hell, Obama IMO had near zero .... and he went to the head of the class.

Like I said , @ this point, I'm not sure of any of them !

10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My 2 cents is that I'd never vote for Pence again...when the brouhaha started about cheating, he knew there were goin to be challenges,..He should have read or consulted with a constitutional lawyer on how toy handle challenges to the e votes...He abdicated his duty and is unfit for any high office.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry Ron, but both Palin and Harris had better qualifications than "newscaster." Sarah Palin was elected to the Wasilla city council in 1992 and became mayor of Wasilla in 1996. In 2003, after an unsuccessful run for lieutenant governor, she was appointed chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, responsible for overseeing the state's oil and gas fields for safety and efficiency. In 2006, at age 42, she became the youngest person and the first woman to be elected governor of Alaska.

As for Kamala... She was elected Attorney General of California in 2010 and re-elected in 2014. Harris served as the junior United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021. Harris defeated Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 Senate election to serve in the United States Senate.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Like I said , questionable , never said identical <grin>

Palin, had some qualifications but IMO gained her popularity due to her good looks & quirky comments.

Lake, I really haven't researched [googled] so she may have something more than quick wit & good looks ?

Harris, I have no clue. Comes across as dumber than a box of rocks...And her looks do nothing for me ... jmo

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

About a day ago, President Trump announced that he was going to be giving an important announcement on Thursday, and I just listened to it. He is talking about how this country has lost a lot of our free speech, basically referring to the government and big tech (Facebook, Twitter, etc) interfering with our elections.
    This is the link to his speech, hoping it works for everyone.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109518990392565381

Krystal Shay and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The "Big Tent" won't let me in. I cannot see the video.

15. Ken Anderson

I was pleased to see that Truth Social could be accessed via a computer now rather than a mobile device, as was the case in the beginning, so I have signed up.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.