Will Trump Run In 2024?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Steven Stanick, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good, maybe there will be someone worth voting for in 2024.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I did not expect him to announce that he was running, and I still doubt that he will be on the ballot in 2024. He will be almost 79 by then, and in his 80’s as a president, and I just do not see that happening.
    I think that after having the last 2 elections deliberately stolen, many people won’t even see any sense in voting if it doesn’t count for anything when we do. The election fraud needs to be fixed, or we will never actually have real elections in America again.

I think that there must be some benefit that President Trump sees that will help this country if he announces that he is running in 2024, but I am not sure how that will play out. Most of the cheating was pretty blatant this time, even more so than in 2020; so perhaps we can get that taken care of and the cheaters removed from office.
    It will be interesting to see if he is reinstated on Twitter again, since he is now running for office.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I agree, @Yvonne Smith. I know he has a big ego, but to announce so early even if he is truly going to run seems foolish as it will restrict his activities. Perhaps he has an ulterior motive behind all this. Only time will tell.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

My thought is that he is trying desperately to prevent us from having a civil war, or all marching in the streets like we see happening in the other countries that are mad about rigged elections, and then we are into martial law.
    I think that Trump, and most of the MAGA leaders want to settle this through the courts; but it hasn’t worked thus far. We have arrested and convicted some of the people who helped rig elections, but we have only gotten the small ones at local levels that were easy to get, and the ones at the top of this food chain are still raking in money and escaping.

Now that there is definitely proof of a foreign country (Ukraine) interfering in our elections, it may end up with the military involved, since this actually qualifies as an attack on America, just not one with soldiers marching in like in other wars.

Al Amoling, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think this is the smartest move on his part at all. But, then again, I've been wrong so many times before.

6. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well .... I think the man has just become un-electable. I could be wrong of course, I was in 2016, didn't think he could beat Hillary ... but he did.

[If] he is the republican candidate in 2024 ? He has my vote. However @ this point, my hopes are behind DeSantis . Maybe a DeSantis/Pence ticket ???

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believe Trump’s announcement to run was a pretty good tactic in that with him running, the playing field has been narrowed considerably.
    Although I too believe he won’t even be on the ‘24 ballot, it won’t be a matter of “only the strong survive”, it’ll be a matter of “only the strong will compete”.

From what I have seen and heard, Donald T. rarely does anything that doesn’t have a good reason behind it so the way I see it, he’s raised the bar and in a way, he’s daring the strongest possibilities to come forward.
    Since Trump is the man to beat, I doubt seriously if the RNC or the American public will spend a lot of time and money on anyone who can’t theoretically take the win away from him.

Do Note: DeSantis and Trump have had a few meetings in the past, the last of which was just a couple of weeks prior to the jabs that D. Trump was handing out against Ron.
    It’s just a theory but I think the jabs were planned in order to give DeSantis a reason to run with the full support of his state. Floridians may not like the idea of losing their newly re-elected governor in a couple of years but I’m also sure they want him to stand up against Trump even more.

John Houlihan and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I think Pence has had it with Federal politics but in my book, anyone who chose Kari Lake as a running partner couldn’t go wrong. She knows the media like none other, she’s smart, she has a backbone and she’s not afraid to speak the truth and I think she’d do well as the President of the Senate.
    Perhaps her questionable loss in Arizona was a good thing? Her name is out there and she’s already on the tongues of millions of Americans.

John Houlihan likes this.
  9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

All of those liberals in congress and the senate will be whispering Trump's name while they take their last breath. I said before I don't feel so bad knowing all of them are as old or older than myself and they don't have another 50 years left to continue the stealing and being traitors to America. They haven't voted for governing America for much longer than 60 years. I would say the last Democrat that actually had the American vote was JFK and then of course he was also hated by Democrat crooks who hated Catholics for becoming the first Catholic President of America. His family had a ton of mud rolling off their backs but not like today it just rolled off with the rain. He at least did help the entire nation as a whole not a party. That is most likely why certain parts of the Warren report is still sealed even after the 50 year release of information. I presume should certain information come forward there would be no Democratic party. I can think of several names who were worthless scumbags back then and probably were in on it. Traitors and coup are nothing new in America because even if there is proof of involvement of government elected, they will not relinquish that power that comes with having puppets in control. So now a new puppet show will start soon. Nothing will change with another Republican elected in 24, he no matter who he is will be under attack starting very soon, new people with accusations of how bad he is, told by people "who would like to remain anonymous". I'm voting for Trump and I feel sure they are behind closed doors now trying to figure out how to charge him with another bogus crime that people as high up as our past President and Attorney Generals committed the same crimes but actually did the crimes and they have not been charged. Surely we still have some conservatives out there that still have half a brain.

John Houlihan and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

OK, I could support a DeSantis / Lake ticket .

Honestly, @ this point I'm not 'over-the-moon' about any of them.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

I read this on Twitter this morning, and it resonates for me with why I would want Trump back in the presidency, even though I still do not think that this would happen in 2024.
    It would have to be because the 2020 election was proven to be fraudulent and President Trump put back in office, or a whole new election for President happens before 2024.

43F9EADD-5521-43A1-A084-EB78C9C00828.jpeg

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In truth, I’m still in the limbo stage also but that said, when the Dems start rolling out the anonymous sexploitation accusations of any particular Republican candidate, THAT’s the guy I’m going to look at a little harder with a more positive attitude.

Maybe Stormy Danials will point out another good’ un for us.

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So you believe that a loud-mouth woman with no political experience whatsoever should be the vice president of the United States? Here's an interesting tidbit...

Lake was a member of the Republican Party until November 3, 2006,[24] when she changed her registration to become an independent. She registered as a Democrat on January 4, 2008, the day after the Iowa Democratic presidential caucuses were won by Obama.[24] Lake returned to being a Republican on January 31, 2012. She explained leaving the Republican Party in 2006 as a reaction to the then-ongoing Iraq and Afghanistan wars. She had supported John Kerry in 2004 and Barack Obama in 2008.[24] She also made several donations to Democratic presidential candidates.[24][25] After launching her campaign for governor in 2021, Lake cited Trump, Ronald Reagan, and Arizona Republican Party chair Kelli Ward, all former Democrats, as precedent for her party-switching.[2

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I like DeSantis but Pence needs to get lost.

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I too have taken a look at her background and to be truthful, I may not like the idea of her taking the seat of the Presidency should anything happen but she has more savvy than most.
    Even with her lack of actual political experience, with what experience she does have with the public and other connections, she’d be better than Lyndon Johnson, Gerald Ford and a few other VP’s and 100X better than Kamala Harris.

Now, so far as switching parties at the drop of a hat, I’m totally against someone who is more loyal to their party than their country and we’ve seen way too much of that.
    Do I think that because of her propensity to switch parties that she will be a RINO should she get into office? Dunno.

The only thing I care about when it comes to someone getting into office is for that person to do their doggone job for a change and I think Lake has the pit bull attitude and drive to make it happen.
    That doesn’t mean she would be the best choice but everyone else I’d vote for seems to want to keep the job they have.