Why Do You Use Forums, What Do You Like/dislike?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by May Benot, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww...no dog house for you today @Bobby Cole. :)

2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Communication, information, ideas. I've found that anything too personal or life altering shouldn't be discussed on forums. I like that this one is 50+ because I really don't relate to people in their 20's though when I think about it, I was just there myself.

Sometimes I do feel out of place here because I still work.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't feel out of place @Kitty Carmel , I've only been retired a few months ( early retirement) so I still very much feel like I still have my work head on...having always worked the whole time I've been a member here (there's also a few others who are still in paid employment too) ... just remember everyone else even if they're not doing paid work, we're all doing some other type of jobs, whether in or out of the house during the day.... so please don't feel that because you're out working all day that you're any less important in this group than all of us retirees.. just because we can access the forum more often...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Although there are some specific personal things I will not talk about ....here on @Ken Anderson's Forum I have felt I could open up more intimately and share my heart with others here. And I find others do that too here.

It is one of the things I love about this forum.

5. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm the opposite, I think some forums ( maybe not this one?) are perfect for personal discussions and getting things off yer chest ... that's why posters have avatars and use an alias .... it helps people to realise that they're not alone ...that other people have had similar issues and gotten thru' them ... other peoples perspective can change the way that you see things... that's my thoughts anyhow..

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm on a forum because it's the closest I can get to actual human contact. I can discuss, get and learn other opinions, occasionally I learn something worthwhile. You get to know people a bit and when there is no one else to talk with, no other human contact it is both comforting and a little bit addictive. Some forums are better than others. I like this one. It's easy going and seems to be good for what ails one most of the time. We're all more or less alike facing similar problems and it is good to know another somebody is out there who might lend an ear or someone you can listen to.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It's not quite on point, but I have a thing concerning avatars and as a matter of fact, I started a thread here a couple of years ago asking about them.
    A lot can be told about a person by the avatar they choose to display and the nom de plume they choose to go with it.
    Pray tell, why did you choose yours? :)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

The avatar? not sure, I like Loony tunes cartoons/ comics and have always used either Buggs or Lola ... Name? again not sure, but it seems to suit me, I must have drafted thousands of posts and then thought 'maybe not' :confused:
    Are you analysing me?:D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonder what people think of me from my 'avatar'' lol...:eek:...sometimes I have my own picture n... other times I'll put any picture up that takes my fancy...it could be a little pink car or a pair of shoes... not much thought goes into it tbh...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Kinda. I noticed some time ago that a person generally displays his or her actual persona in the form of their avatar. Before even reading an initial post, a look at the avatar and username generally describes what type of writing to expect. Flowers and stuff, happy and full of thought, ones such as yours, playful and artistic, Symbols such as the infinity sign, Scientific and logical etc..................
    I write, "generally" because I have been fooled on a few occasions.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been this angel for a long time and I use it on all forums. Occasionally Ive used my face but I'm usually asked to put the angel back, lol....kind of insulting. :)

When I'm angry at the forum for some reason then I put on some random avatar or none at all.

Cody Fousnaugh and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It actually happened after I had my real face on my avatar I got a pm from admin.

IMG_1915.JPG

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In the days of burlesque, it was well known that it was better to leave more to the imagination than to reveal it all. The angel leaves more to imagine for those gentlemen who are looking for that particular attribute in a lady.:)

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think you may be right! :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a woman of many moods...right now my mood is that I wish I was at the beach so therefore one of my beach pictures as my avatar. Tomorrow it may be one of my Granny with grandkids pics or me with my camera...or even a cartoon or holiday avatar.

I do like it when people use their real faces in their avatar because then when I'm posting to something they said I feel like I'm right there in the room with them having a conversation with them. :)

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.