Who Do You Think Is The Best Poster Here, And Why?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Jake Smith, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I hear there is quite the 'excitement' in some of those assisted living places.;)

Jake Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

His writing is good but his entrepreneurial abilities are off the chain! I mean, in this small community he has the coffee shop, the barber shop, burger joint, a park bench and a park and probably breaking ground for a motel.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thats good, glad for him.:cool:

Bobby Cole and Jake Smith like this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

There was a book floating around here on dealing with itas several residents have had mastectomies.
    I have worked with patients in the past who developed it, and it will disappear in time.

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  5. Lois Winters

Registered

;)

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a couple of books and the BC forum has a large Lymphedema section with tons of information. Unfortunately as many as 40% of BC patients get LE at some point, even those who only have radiation and no surgery at all. :confused: It's manageable but there's no cure; even the new microsurgeries are unproven. (I had a lympho-venous bypass at the same time as my mastectomy; unfortunately I had radiation afterwards and the surgeon believes that may have fried the new connections. Ugh.)

7. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"And back to the topic", "who is your favorite poster", and why, I think, they're a few amazing ones, in the responses, that I've read, that they have posted, A couple here who work as a team, and seem to be on top of there game, from what I've read, things they have posted. What are your thoughts? Some of you are a little shy,:rolleyes: and I can understand that since I'm a new poster here too. But still, you need to state you're opinion on who you think, is the best, or your favorite poster on this forum.:)

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Lois Winters

Registered

Most posters put a great deal of thought into their remarks, and they are indeed unique. I could point to each one and say, he/she is my favorite poster for such and such, etc, etc. Everyone has his/her favorite subject or passion which motivates one to expound at length on that given topic. I am loath to point to one only, as I may enjoy reading what they comfortably write about. I have favorite authors in various arenas of information, their treatment of same, etc.

Furthermore, I do not consider the topic proposed as a fair one, since there is a good deal of talent abroad here.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with Lois. As proposed I fear the question might be too personal and cause unnecessary dissension. I can't even pick a favorite subject, let alone a poster. Some posters are better writers than others and can make a less interesting subject an exciting read.

10. Jake Smith

Registered

Well, I think it's a chance to complement each other, and not meant to be personal or hurtful towards anyone. It hasn't ever hurt me when someone said something good about me or others. :confused: IMO :)

On writers, this guy is one I like.

[​IMG]

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

read many of his books starting in the late 70's

12. Lois Winters

Registered

If you have a favorite poster here, by all means, then do compliment that individual.

I doubt anyone else will feel hurt if you do so.

13. Jake Smith

Registered

Only been here a few months and still getting to know everyone, have done a little complimenting already, on this thread, a few pages back, as I was impressed, with how they worded things, but anyway thanks for your advice, I will. :)

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Agreed. It's kind of self-evident.

Beth Gallagher and Jake Smith like this.
  15. Jake Smith

Registered

He's a great writer to me and knows how to make it a page-turner. I enjoyed all of his that I've read, my Mother used to send me tons of his books, and I still have them all.:)
    And back to the topic, I really hate that some seem to be determined to take this thread the wrong way after it's been explained time and time again. But you can't please everyone. It sure brings out some personality in some, and I hope that they figure, out that it's not to offend anyone but to learn more about each other. :)

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.