What's This Letter From My Health Plan Really About?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, but I offered to do her nails for her. I have spray paint and masking tape.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, Id pass on that offer. :)

Michelle Anderson likes this.
  3. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Which is what I have done. Quickly and every time he offers. :)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well maybe I should call and see if they are going to offer me a free gift card too. :) I think my letter said I should have someone there with me when they come...

5. Michelle Anderson

Registered

My first thought on reading this was, "Oh no! Do they not trust their visiting nurses??" Then I realized that it's probably because younger people seem to think that once we're old enough to get MediCare, we're feeble, and rather than trust that our feeble brains will retain the visit, they rely on someone else. LOL!

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Michelle Anderson My letter says a Doctor, not a Nurse, will be coming to check out me and our home if I accept their offer. :) My daughter is a Registered Nurse so if I would do it, I would ask her to be here when the Doctor comes. I don't know if you had your visit yet or not....but would you mind letting me know how it went or goes...so I can make up my mind whether I want to consider this or not.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This is done alot thru insurance companies...but never heard of them making house calls. The word on the street is.. At some point if you dont do as they would like for you to do...u will pay more in the long run. And now as you may hv heard DNA is playing a factor in this. They want that to....all corporate an government BS...is my thought.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not supposed to affect our Medicare Insurance rates, etc. at all according to the letter...but then it's hard to believe anyone is telling the truth now days. And since the Insurance Companies (no matter what they say) are in business to make money...I sure wouldn't count on anything they say as being the truth. :rolleyes:

9. Ken Anderson

I don't like any unwarranted intrusions, such as my doctor being forced to ask about whether I have firearms in the house, or about the suicide questions they ask, and I don't like wellness checks that I haven't scheduled.

10. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmmm ... I just got my supplements this January, so I've been watching this thread. I hope all of you remember to keep us apprised of your upcoming visits. That way if your interactions are not to your liking, the rest of us can dump those letters where they belong. In the trash.

But, if they are all good to their word, the rest of us can, with some mental relief, jump on that band wagon too.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I have not called to schedule my "visit" and I have not made up my mind whether I will or not. @Michelle Anderson was supposed to have hers scheduled and I was hoping she would shared what went on with hers, but she hasn't said anything yet to my knowledge.

My letter also said they would be contacting me and maybe they have tried but if our cell phone shows a number without a name, etc. we usually just don't answer this thinking it's another sales calls, etc.

So @Michelle Anderson if you have had your "visit" please let us know how it went. Thank you. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Since she doesn't come here regularly, I'll answer for her, as far as I can. She enjoyed her visit with the physician's assistant, I think she said she was, who came here. But she likes that kind of thing, while I prefer to see such people only when I need them for something. I'm on the same Advantage Plan, but no one ever asked to come out and see me, unless one of the calls that I have ignored was from them. When I receive a call, and am connected to a recording when I answer, I disconnect.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I too hang up on unlabeled calls, unless I'm expecting business calls. I have noticed lately, that many calls that come in will wait a few seconds before starting the spiel or conversation. So now when I answer one of these calls, I say, Hello. (Count to two) Now or never." And I hang up immediately. Since I've been doing this the volume of calls has definitely dwindled. :p :D

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I had to laugh the other day when I was expecting a call from one of my daughters so when our Cell rang I just automatically picked it up and answered. A man's voice then said: "This is Frank, did I catch you at a bad time?" And I said: "Well Frank, just who is it that you are trying to catch?" And then the computer voice came on and started making the sales pitch! Nothing is sacred anymore!:p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Michelle Anderson

Registered

I've been crazed with things that just HAVE to be done and the fact that I've gotten so slow with age. I don't even log into Facebook but once a week or so. Is it too late to post what happened with my visit?

The PA showed up about 15 minutes late, which irritated me. She took my vitals, and then we talked about my diabetes -- I think she wanted to see if I knew what I needed to do to keep in in check -- and then we talked a whole lot about my prescriptions.

Rather boring, really.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.