What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had hot dogs tonight. I have two packages of that packaged salad that I have to use up, as we know, it is not good very long, so I had some tonight. I had some red onion so I cut that up as well, and ate it with the hot dogs. I also had some ketchup and beer mustard. I had a little of my Peanut Butter Twirl Ice Cream for dessert. Tommorrow I am planning to have pizza. The pizza place that is the closest to us, does not have very good pizza, but the price is right, and I don't have to cook it so that is another plus!

Tim Burr and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I like BATS. I never tried them on a tortilla I have avocados and tomatoes and just took a pkg of bacon from the freezer.

Diane Lane and Tim Burr like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Coupla peanut butter sandwiches and a glass of water. Yummy. :p

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure. I am mad at my teenager and diappointed in how I reacted. No food in the house to speak of. May find myself eating crow tonight.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Today, I took my jar of homemade sauerkraut, added a couple chopped up potatoes, a ring of kielbasa sausage, and a can of cream of mushroom soup, put it all in the Ninja cooker, and let it slow cook most of the day.
    It actually came out better than when we have made this using store-bought sauerkraut, and I am pleased. I did rinse the sauerkraut once just to take a little bit of the saltiness out of it.
    We seldom eat white potatoes; but this recipe is just so much better with the sauerkraut and potatoes both in it, and the potatoes soak up the flavor from the sauerkraut and kielbasa.
    Tomorrow, I am going to get another head of cabbage and start another jar of the sauerkraut. We like it, and it is easy to make.
    I am enjoying learning how to ferment veggies ! !

6. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I've eaten crow a few times. Not very tasty.:eek:

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I found out afterwards that I had run out of avocado, so I ended up making BCTs, Bacon Cucumber and Tomatoes, on the smaller flour tortillas. They were really delicious, and I'd probably have never tried cucumbers on them if I'd had lettuce or avocado, so I guess I'm glad I ran out. I have always loved cucumbers.

I finished off the bacon last night, and have defrosted a package of ground beef. I got the 70/30 again, because it was so tasty last time. I'm going to make my cheeseburgers on toasted tortillas for the next few days. I have to say, I definitely feel better when I eat meat at least once a day.

8. Texas Beth

Registered

Trying a new recipe tonight: bacon and vegetable soup. It calls for bacon, flour, carrots, green beans, celery and potatoes just to name a few things. The recipe states that it is a creamy bowl of goodness. How could I pass thst up?

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds good @Texas Beth, and should be fairly inexpensive, too, other than the bacon. I hope you let us know how it came out. I sometimes add barley in to thicken it up. I've always loved barley. If I don't have that, I'll add the tiny pasta. I forget what it's called. They give it to babies back home, when they're starting to eat 'firm' foods. I had a hamburger for lunch yesterday and a cheeseburger for supper. My burgers (as I mentioned) are pretty small, so that was probably the equivalent of one burger to someone else. The lunch one was on toasted white bread, and the supper one was in a toasted tortilla. I like my bread toasted ;):D.

10. Texas Beth

Registered

Since i gave in yesterday and ate junk at supper, i wiil propbablt eat tonight what i was going to make last night.

11. Diane Lane

Registered

Tonight's dinner is going to be courtesy of the value menu at Wendy's. I haven't had takeout in forever, other than Jack in the Box tacos (2 for $.99), so Wendy's chili will be a step up :p. I stopped and picked up green bell peppers (about half the cost of any other color) and more ground beef, so at some point, probably over the weekend, I'll be making stuffed peppers.

K E Gordon and Sheldon Scott like this.
  12. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Yesterday we had steak, baked potato, and an avocado. Today's plan is ham, sweet potato, and maybe asparagus.

@Diane Lane , I've tried growing bell peppers but to get the red ones we like it takes all season and we don't get but very few. I found a variety of pepper called Marconi, that's as big as bell peppers, tastes a bit sweeter, turns red fast and is very productive. The only drawback is it's not shaped like a bell pepper so I cut them in chunks and make unstuffed peppers.

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

Those sound interesting @Sheldon Scott, I don't think I've heard of them before. I will have to look around. Maybe I can get some for next year. I don't really care about the shape. I could make some sort of casserole with them, so I'm sure they'd work fine. I only make stuffed pepper a few times per year, so I don't mind buying them usually, and I love using a mixture of colors, mainly for interest, but also because the other colors tend to be a bit sweeter. I would love to have the Marconis around so i could use them on a more regular basis, in my other cooking, too.

I'm behind on everything, so will just heat up one of my leftover burgers later. I had one for lunch a bit ago, and skipped the cheese. I figured I'd have cheese on the one I heat up later, and why not save the approximately 100 calories :rolleyes:.

14. Texas Beth

Registered

Made veggie and bacon soup tonight. It wss better than ok, but not totally good. Would have been more yummy with more bacon. I will remember that for the next time.

15. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds nice Beth, it's always good to know how to improve a dish. More bacon would probably make most things taste better, at least in my opinion:D. I think I might just make up a pot of pasta tonight. Just pasta, butter and sauce, no meat, and I'll probably have some sort of vegetables on the side.