What's For Breakfast Today?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well let's hope you never have to go to Hungary for your Beans and taters... ;):D:D

wasn't their an old country song about taters by little Jimmy Dickens?

here's someone else ...

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We had breakfast food for dinner last night.....probably going to be cereal and coffee this morning.
    Too much needs to be done today to have concern over breakfast ....yesterday on the way out the door...I had a very small piece of leftover catfish for breakfast ..um was so good:)

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't had breakfast yet but I'm thinking sausage, eggs and toast, maybe some grits.

No taters or beans for breakfast here. I might have them for supper.

Bill Boggs and Anne Kramer like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

I only had one slice of fresh 7 seeded granary bread with butter and a poached egg for breakfast this morning and a cuppa tea ... that was about 10am about an hour and a half after I got up....oooh I love this retirement lark.. Just 6 weeks ago I'd have been at work for 3 hours by that time :D

Anne Kramer and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  5. Anne Kramer

Anne Kramer Veteran Member
    Registered

As my hours are a bit skewed I have whatever I want at whatever time of day now. I had honey ham deli slices on rye with tomato slices, honey mustard and some light mayo, also a lukewarm cup of french vanilla coffee with vanilla soymilk.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Was running behind this am... lol had half of a spam sandwich with my coffee. :rolleyes:

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

coffeed out...was up earlier than usual. Two eggs..2 turkey bacon on sandwich thins...and half cup 1 percent milk.
    I would rather had the left over Apple dumplings.....but am using restraint today:D

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I was all set to say make it two, then i saw that soy milk. Never tried it but...

Sheldon Scott and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

With the cold weather we have been having this month, I have been having fresh oatmeal for breakfast many mornings now. My dad used to make oatmeal when I was a kid, and I didn’t like it back then. We called it “mush” and mushy was exactly how it tasted !
    However, I really enjoyed having breakfast with my dad, so I ate the mush along with him, just to share the companionship together.
    Now, I make my oatmeal a lot different than just the plain old oatmeal cooked in water with milk and sugar on top that we had when I was young. I chop up half and apple in the food processor, grind some flax seed, pumpkin seed, and chia seeds in the little Ninja cup blender while the oatmeal is cooking and then add all of that to the oatmeal befor I eat it, along with a spoonful of coconut oil for the MCT’s that coconut oil provides.
    Today, I made almond milk, but instead of making it with water, I made it in regular milk with a little extra vanilla flavoring, and a half scoop of the vanilla protein powder. The results are delicious, and this is what I will be using in my oatmeal breakfasts (and probably in my morning coffee) from now on.
    Almonds, especially raw almonds, are one of the healthiest foods that we can eat, so I am trying to get more of these healthy foods into my diet again.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-eating-almonds-daily-5007.html

Maisie Morton likes this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

A tad of hash browns...a tad of green onion...tad of chopped ham and an egg...scrambled together wrapped in a flour tortilla...

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I had avocado toast on my high fiber flaxseed bread. Yummy!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

oooh ladies..ladies...avaocado... bleurggh...and Hash browns...ewwwww... c'mon... have Choklit...lol

Seriously,I can't eat breakfast so whatever time in the morning usually about an hour or 2 after I get up, I'll eat something small. This morning it was egg on toast... and a cuppa tea...gotta have my tea in the mornings...

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Funny how all are tastes are different....I can't stand chocolate anymore. Used to like it but the thought of it even makes me ill.

Maybe I had too much of it in my life, just sick of it.

I just had some more avocado toast....in fact just took my last bite and it's only 4:30 am.....I'll be ready for lunch at 9, lol.

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

oooh Gawd..I'm serious, I really hate Avocado...one bite makes me want to vomit.

That said...I wish I could find a way to hate chocolate..lol

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Maybe you will in time....

I think Ive eaten too many chocolate protein bars and that's what's turned me off chocolate.