What Will Be Next After Brexit?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Amie Ar, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's really good to see a passionate debate, and hear the facts and opinions, from those actually familiar with the situation. I obviously don't have a voice, since I'm from the U.S., but I would be happy to see Ireland united. The situation does remind me quite a bit of the pickle we in the U.S. are finding ourselves in, and although it's intended as tongue in cheek, there's a 'Texit' campaign modeled after the Brexit one, because so many Texans are fed up with the overreaches of our federal government.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I read that England wanted to leave, is this true? And I also was wondering why the Queen didn't make any statement about her opinion on Brexit. If she did I heard nothing of it over here and since it seems she would be an influence on the voters...I wondered why there she said nothing. Or did she?

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane - Have to admit I have had a couple of giggles amongst the angst of it all, and 'TEXIT' really made me giggle :p
    @Babs Hunt - There was a rumour that the Queen was for Brexit - but that would be in confidence anyway as she has 'no' say
    in these kind of decisions

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my Lord, I am so glad they are getting out. I know very little about the EU so thank you for sharing this post Beth. Tells me something about it, denise

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Its actually more than that Beth - for instance 72 laws were passed regarding us recently and when we objected - our objections
    were denied

Diane Lane and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thank goodness we didn't take on the Euro - some countries did, Greece for instance, look what happened to them !
    'We' of course have to bail out the countries that get into trouble
    Cannot believe countries would give up their currency :confused:

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Patsy,

I am not well-read on politics, or what is "exactly" going on in other countries (not even in my own country until this, last year when I've decided it's time to take a good look) but it's pretty simple for me to compare our countries, to a family. I think that taking care of one's own family has to come first. I see the same failures in America as you wrote of above. How can we "logically" help others if we aren't even taking care of our own.

I am thrilled for Britain's decision if it helps you guys get back on top of things. I pray that America will do the same, whatever it takes. Only then do we have any business loaning money (contrary to some politicians, it DOES not grow on trees) or helping immigrants.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Well imagine how it is for us Denise, a small country like ours - how can we take the vast amounts coming in
    Its like a bad dream the mess we are in, can only hope that it gets sorted out in the future ...............

Diane Lane and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I know I've heard about similar happening here in the US. I don't know how we allowed it to happen, government making decisions without "we the people" knowing about them. Recently, I read from someone either posting, or maybe an article on the Senate, or House of Representatives (can't remember for sure, but some part) voting themselves a pay-raise. It seemed ridiculous to me when so many of America's regular peeps are without jobs, or ridiculously low salaries.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I can't imagine, but if we don't put the brakes on, we will have more trouble than we ever dreamed of. I was sick with worry when I found out how much of your population is Muslim. I know they aren't all bad, but yes, the numbers are so out of proportion:( I'll be praying, I can only hope both our countries survive this time in history.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

History has sure proven that, I have so much respect for Britain;)

Frank Sanoica and Ike Willis like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is an interesting article that I was reading today, and it gives a little more to the story than what we have been seeing in the news.
    It describes rioting in France, and mentions that the European Union is bankrupt. If this is true, it is likely that other countries will be leaving next, and it suggests that France might be the next one.
    I noticed that there is a link (which I will be reading next ) and it mentions that both European countries and the United States are close to having serious riots.
    I am hoping that this will not happen; but we are facing a presidential election where passions are running high, both for and against each of the candidates . Together with the racial tension that seems to be being encouraged from all sides, we have become a country where different nationalities of people are not co-existing happily together anymore.
    I still worry that things could get so bad here that we will be under martial law by this winter, and not having elections at all.
    The internet is reporting signs of that already, which does not mean it will happen; but it could.

The article also mentions a huge naval exercise starting the end of this month, and it will include both the United States, China, and up to 27 countries altogether.
    It starts near Hawaii, which is actually part of the ring of fire, where we have most of the earthquakes; so that is interesting, too. There must be some good reason for that much naval power to be working together and in that specific area of the world.
    Anyway, interesting reading........

https://gatewaytovictory.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/benjamin-fulfords-june-27th-2016-update/

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow Yvonne:( Whenever I see that martial law term, I get frightened that it was true that is exactly what some want in order to keep Obama in power. And the New World Order a reality:(

I appreciate reading your stuff you found, I'll take a look at the link too. There is already rioting under the guise of "demonstrations" or protesting. I would not be surprised America gets another wake-up call if there is rioting as we see in foreign countries. I no longer think that America is protected like what I grew up believing, and certainly not immune to evils beyond what some folks can even fathom, let alone "believe" can happen.

I so pray somehow, God will allow the prayers to be answered that are asking Him to take Obama out of power. But His will be done. I can tell you that at times I am not very spiritual, and doubt God, but I sure go running to Him when the going gets rough.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - I was very upset to hear the news this morning that racial slurs are on the increase
    I had hoped that Brexit would have put an end to racial tension, the minds of these idiots really upsets me
    Nothing can appease people like this and of course they just add to the problem

15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

As far as the U.S., I've been saying for years that people are pushing too far left, and that it would self-correct. You can't keep disregarding the rights and desires of so many people for years and not expect push back to occur. The average tax payers are tired of being disrespected and disregarded. The elites use the special interests and their leftwing policies as battering rams and use the press to push their favorite topics, and the rest of the country has been run over without regard for how they feel and what they want, and many are about ready to rise up. I'm seeing mention of them going around Trump as the presumptive nominee, and running their own candidate, despite the wishes of a lot of people, and if they do, it's not going to be pretty. It's not going to be pretty regardless, because each group has the end goal in sight, and regardless of what happens, one group will feel the election was stolen. I think it's time to get out the tar and feathers and run the ones who aren't representing us out of town.

I also saw mention of 'FRexit' on Twitter last night. As far as Texas seceding, there are also movements in Northern California and part of Colorado to secede from their respective states due to the reasons mentioned above, but on a state level. People are tired of being taxed to death and those taxes being used against their wants and beliefs. It seems the policy of dividing and conquering is working.