What Things Do You Look Forward To Doing?

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Thomas Windom, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

ditto!

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Registered

My hubby and I used to take organized bus tours. I don't care if I travel but it was an interesting and safe way to go to see the country. (world if that is your thing) There are several companies around the country. No stress: lodging and interesting itineraries all arranged. It is pricier now than when we did it but if you've saved some pennies...
    I have made some progress with my leg. I try everything and it has been 7 years but I walked heel toe at the store yesterday and have less pain some days. I look forward to walking without a cane.:)
    Hope springs eternal (of course, until it doesn't:rolleyes:)
    I've walked across my land several times this week checking on the nerfball neighbor activities on an area I can't see behind the piney woods. That was good for my leg. Got a good workout. didn't hurt anybody.
    I cleaned the microwave this morning.;)
    PS I just got an email from this company . We had gone on one of their cruises off Maine, years ago. It was fun! Other companies do cruises in warmer areas. jfyi
    ..https://www.schoonerheritage.com/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I once had more things to look forward to, than time in the day to do them. Now it is mostly looking forward to my early morning routine and workout. Until recently, I looked forward to morning guitar practice. Now I play maybe once a week for an hour.

I guess really all I have now to look forward to is donning my leggings and sports bra and doing my 3:30 AM Tai Chi out on the patio, now down to 3 basic disciplines due to the cold and then inside to finish my workout with floor and standing exercises focused mainly on the abs and hips. That takes about 30 minutes.

I do look forward to my cup of coffee and checking Poshmark to see if any of my offers were accepted. I purchased another vintage, great condition, USA high quality sweatshirt, fleece vest, and long Wrangler sweatshirt dress this morning. Remember the long sweatshirts popular in the 90s to wear with leggings?

I also look forward to SOC to check out if my membership is still in good standing hahaha!

4. Mary Stetler

Registered

This song just came on the radio while I was driving to the farm. It was very cheery and uplifting to me. I had a friend who wanted so much to join a choral group and my leg therapist is a member of one.
    Maybe the things we might look forward to doing are out there we just have to go and pick one. Might be able to find them on the internet.:rolleyes:

Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thank you, @Mary Stetler. That made my morning.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We are fortunate to have a large van so we take them with us. I hope to go to the beach one day soon,

Live cam of beach we go to.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Storms and lack of sand now has done its damage but still nice to walk on the shore. I don't think these two dogs swim so no going into the water this trip, hoping to go some time soon.Two hour drive for us, we drive speed limit.

Last year video of Vilano Beach few blocks north of St.Augustine. ,@Cody Fousnaugh ,remember the beach here? May go there instead of St,Augustine .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  8. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I look forward to just getting up every morning and having a couple cups of hot coffee, and then see where the day takes me. I'm on slow speed these days. We don't live an exciting life but it is a content life. I'm happy to rattle around the house, yard, and do a little cooking and baking.

9. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like to get up from a good, deep sleep, have some tea and breakfast, hang out with my husband and futz around on the computer, visiting various websites to see what's going on. And definitely visit SOC!

It's a pretty simple existence, but I'm happy with it.

10. Mary Stetler

Registered

I like feeding my animals and collecting eggs, finally. I didn't believe the rumors that the chicken feed was being tainted with a kind of 'birth control'. All last year, I thought the chickens were laying outside of the barn.
    Recently, I saw a video of an old guy who made his own 'feed' with soaked and cooked beans and a grain or pasta and said he got plenty of eggs doing this. Two weeks ago, I started feeding his mixture and now I am back to having enough eggs to share with friends.
    ?????
    I like to spend time on SOC and I like my ski machine.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, we remember! Have also walked on the pier there a number of times. As you enter the pier, there is a statue of Dolphins you go under. Can really get a great view of the Intracoastal and Vilano Bridge from the pier. So, there are some things we miss about Florida.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I do look forward to some things... like this perfect spring day and getting to work on my vegetable garden. I planted 15 hills of dwarf okra this morning and a bunch of tomato plants. The sunshine feels so good on my face.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Our boat starting (hopefully). Our trip, this June, to Carson City/Reno area. After that, "gettin' the heck out of here" (moving).