What Religion Do You Follow?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

Every forum I ever attended has run evangelists, churches, religions...right to the ground and talk about the money they get.

I never hear of any good they do, may I shine some light on THAT?

At my church, we have summer BBQ's. Really nice when one lives in an apt and doesn't get invited to many BBQ's.
    We have a support system, so if we are going through something, there is always someone to come to our door and help us through it.
    When I had a big fire once, I had no insurance. My church furnished my new house.
    My Church feeds the poor.
    The church up the street collects clothes for those needing them if they are entering the work force and don't have much to start.
    If I need a ride to a medical appt, my church will provide it.
    Prayer can be pretty comforting for someone who is going through hard times, all of them supply phone lines to call for prayer.
    The TV Evangelists provide comfort in the middle of the night for lonely people. Have even saved some from committing suicide because they had no hope.
    Religion sends money and people to countries who have been ravished by tornadoes, etc.
    Religion sponsors poor Jews and poor children in other countries that are starving to death.
    Religion provides wells for water in poor countries that can't drink their water because of pollution.
    Religion helps SOME people to become a "better person" by following the 10 commandments.
    A faith in something, helps you cope better.
    The Salvation Army provides beds and food for street people.

I could probably think of 100 other things that religions do for people, but these are just off the top of my head.

It is not cheap to rent a spot on TV, even in the middle of the night......it is very expensive. Where the money comes from is "the people who enjoy their programs". I support a program that is on at a time when I really need something to do. I enjoy it, so I send it a donation each month.

People can give their money to whoever they want to give it to, nobody says a word, but if you give it to religion, everyone has a hissy fit about it. I pay my way in this world, whether it be for a pedicure, hair style, spiritual feeding (religion). I pay because I am getting a service that is giving me "comfort". Why it bothers other people so much, I don't understand.

Hope you didn't mind me giving my opinion on this subject that I see everywhere I go on the net these days. It is almost like people feel threatened by religion.