What Really Does A Dying Person Think Of?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Michelle Keiser, Mar 22, 2015.

1. John Donovan

John Donovan Active Member
    Registered

I don't think we can truly answer this until we're put in that situation, but I think that dying people know their end is coming, even those who are healthy. One particular example was when I was 20, I was visiting my grandfather with my parents, and he went into the bathroom. After a few minutes, he came to us, and told his son (my father) to shave him, because God called for him, and he must go. So my dad shaved him, and my grandfather got into his bed, and he passed away after a few seconds. He died of old age, and he went away with a smile on his face. It was a really, really weird experience for me, and I have been thinking about it every now and then.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Faith Marie

Faith Marie New Member
    Registered

There is such a paradox, in death. We are all aware that we must die, we know others who have died, yet we, can never come to terms with death. I remember when my grandmother died. She was 98 years, and pretty active. She was in good health, and liked to clean up around the yard. We actually had no thought of her dying. She was alert And very involved in the family.
    One afternoon, after cleaning up the yard, she went into her bedroom, selected a dress, and told her daughter, that she wanted to be buried in that dress. Then granny said " I am so tired". She lay on her bed, closed her eyes and died peacefully.